jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Constructive Criticism for a New Hubber?

1. Any Other Voice profile image59
    Any Other Voiceposted 4 years ago

I just published my first hub and I'm really excited! Admittedly, I didn't spend too long researching keywords or ads or anything, because all I wanted to do was write and share my ideas asap. smile If you're an experienced hubber, please check it out and provide some feedback:

http://anyothervoice.hubpages.com/hub/L … ighborhood

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

This isn't bad for a first article.  The main problem I see is that you did not begin with an introductory paragraph so your initial statements are confusing to the reader.  Move your "welcome to the world ..." paragraph to the beginning and use paragraphs to introduce each section as well for clarity and continuity.  Great idea, by the way!

Any Other Voiceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! If I edit my article, does anything weird happen to how it looks to other people while I'm republishing?

2. Jmillis2006 profile image60
    Jmillis2006posted 4 years ago

I enjoyed your hub, I apperciate your pun of the philosopher John Locke it gave me a chuckle as I am in a philosophy course at my college and we just studied the whole nature VS nurture argument. Anyways back on topic I thought you wrote an excellent frist hub, keep up the good work. I am also new to hub pages and have posted 4 hubs so far.

Any Other Voiceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks haha, I checked yours out too and the stir fry recipe made me hungry!

working