jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What topic should this be classified in?

1. Shaddie profile image93
    Shaddieposted 4 years ago

If I want to make a Hub talking about how to remove varnish/paint/glue from skulls and bones, where exactly would this go? In a way, it is about Arts & Crafts  because you would only want to restore bones/skulls if you intended to use then as a display piece (art). But then again, it's SKULLS we're talking about, which could be classified as taxidermy, which may be more appropriate in the Sports & Recreation topic under Hunting.

What do ya'll think?

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would rather think that it would be most appropriated under art, but also under education and science, life sciences. I wouldn't place it under sports unless the hub is actually about hunting. Since it's a how to hub about sculls, I think something closer to paleontology, anatomy and physiology, animals or biology would be better. I tried to find Anthropology but didn't see it......that would have been the most appropriate subcategory.

2. profile image0
      Casimiroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think you've answered your own question Shaddie. Clearly, your hub is about restoring these items to be used as art pieces, so that's where it goes. Many things can be tangentially related to other topic classifications, but you should put the hub in section that pertains to the interest of your audience.

1. Shaddie profile image93
        Shaddieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I think you are right smile I suppose I posted this question thinking someone might pipe up and say "Wait a minute, there already IS A taxidermy section!" But perhaps this was wishful thinking on my part...

2. GoingOnline profile image60
    GoingOnlineposted 4 years ago

I'd expect to be found on Arts & crafts, tbh, as that's why I'd be researching the topic. Or on archeology, but that would be a stretch smile

3. GoingOnline profile image60
    GoingOnlineposted 4 years ago

I'd expect to be found on Arts & crafts, tbh, as that's why I'd be researching the topic. Or on archeology, but that would be a stretch smile

working