jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Will the Links Capsule be the next one to be Terminated

1. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 3 years ago

Given that the RSS capsule was dumped simply because it was unpopular:

"There's nothing wrong with RSS as a feature/concept. We're just removing an antiquated capsule that very few used."

I suspect the next one to go is the LINKS Capsule. Anyone considering replacing their RSS functionality with a Links capsule should perhaps consider this. Otherwise you will have to do all the editing changes twice! All your efforts in building the links capsules could be wasted again similar to your work with the RSS.

Any other endangered species we should avoid?

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Link capsules are for those folks who don't know how to copy, paste, edit. I so do not care what HP does with that...

2. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It would be nice to see into the future.

I have just spent some considerable time editing ALL my hubs to remove the rss capsules. Thank god I previously unpublished a few hundred of them.

Since Panda, this is probably the 5th time I have had to do such a major edit.

Probably not the last either.

HP says 'jump'. The correct answer is 'how high?'

1. janderson99 profile image86
        janderson99posted 3 years ago in reply to this

The huge amount of time and effort required to constantly re-edit hubs for little apparent benefit is very tiresome. I wish HP would stop major changes for a while so that hubs get a chance to mature and perform. 90% of my hubs have RSS feeds -  changing them probably will affect traffic - all because HP decided thay were unpopular with the majority, despite being OK in concept. So much effort wasted on the build and remove. + ZZZ + layout changes etc. Its tough stayin' alive.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Links is used more and requires negligible support; I'd bet on it staying.