jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

A Newbie Asks For Critiques

1. richsim profile image60
    richsimposted 7 years ago

I have written4 hubs and I would really appreciate any input, good or bad, about them.
    I have been having a tough time getting photos, enough of them in my hubs....got a
    lot of text. Thank you very much.  Richsim

http://hubpages.com/hub/Persuasion--Can … -Your-Life

http://hubpages.com/hub/Interview-Secre … in-The-Job

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hey I read them all and commented on one.They are good!

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

They are good hubs, richsim! I noticed there wasn't a comment box on the *Persuasion* hub but I gave you a thumbs up smile you are doing great!

3. Reynolds_Writing profile image85
    Reynolds_Writingposted 7 years ago

Hi Rich.

I read all of your Hubs.. I think the content is very good, original, rich. Here are some suggestions.

1) Start each hub with a very succinct paragraph about what the hub is about and some statements to draw the reader in- like a headline. It's kind of there now- but could be more specific and powerful.

2) Definitely need some pictures to separate the text.  I've taken a bunch of my own with a digital camera, so I don;t have to worry about copyright issues. You could do that as well..

3) Add videos from You Tube. There are a lot of relevant ones available.

4) Make sure you RSS feeds match the hub topic. I noticed one on there about interviewing tips, but the links had international news stories.

You are off to a great start. Good luck with your hubs.

4. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

I think your hubs seem interesting, and well-written, but they aren't really for me. Your one about getting to the person who recruits, for example - I am the person who screens applications at work, and the examples of speech you give seem far too smarmy to me.

“Mr. Smith, thru some personal research I have learned that your company is progressive, solid and enjoys a fine reputation. It’s the type of company I would like to work for. I would like to make an appointment to speak with you. Would tomorrow morning be convenient or would after lunch be better for you?”

That is far too pushy, and too full-on. I'd not be interested.

Many companies and industries have recruitment proceedures, and trying to by-pass them is counter-productive.

5. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

Have you removed your hubs? Because when I clicked on them I was taken to a page that said;

"Sorry that hub does not exist."