jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Audio Capsule

1. purpleveil profile image84
    purpleveilposted 3 years ago

I would like ot suggest that you ad an audio capsule  for poery or short story hubs. There could be a button that says something like "click to hear the author read this poem/story" behind which we could ad an mp3 or other audio file. This might make the hub more enjoyable for the reader and more accessible to the blind or to those who prefer to listen than to read.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Why not just upload your recording to YouTube and then link it here using that capsule?

1. cam8510 profile image95
      cam8510posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've been thinking about an audio capsule for a few weeks.  I finally decided there had to be a way to accomplish it via the video capsule.  I'd like to read some of my short work and also be able to upload from my own music library for reviews of music/musicians.  I will experiment with the youtube idea.  thanks.

3. purpleveil profile image84
    purpleveilposted 3 years ago

I don't want video. I don't have a video camera, but I can record audio. Can you do that in Youtube?

4. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 3 years ago

By the way, while an audio recording of a real person is better, you know that blind and vision-impaired people can "read" hubs, right?

The web has been so wonderful for the blind community, save that it's making another have-and-have-nots division. Computers and web browsers have basic built-in text-to-speech capability, and if that's not enough, there's special "screen readers" that are optimized for vision-impaired users to hear and skim through pages almost as quickly as sight.

Admittedly, the pronunciations are almost never perfect. But they're clear enough that you quickly stop noticing the oddities, the way your eye skips over punctuation or minor typos.

1. EsmeSanBona profile image88
      EsmeSanBonaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Wow!  That is so cool.  Thanks for posting that!

5. derek gulbranson profile image81
    derek gulbransonposted 3 years ago

Poetry is one use, music is another. It think this is a good idea, but it's hard for us to envision it getting a lot of use on HubPages. If we were to implement this, I personally would lean towards creating a SoundCloud capsule or similar.

6. EsmeSanBona profile image88
    EsmeSanBonaposted 3 years ago

I actually came across this issue today.  I was looking for a reading of a poem.  I went to youtube but couldn't find anything appropriate and I thought it would be so cool if there were an audio capsule.

The SoundCloud thing sounds like it would work really well.