jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

KNOWN ISSUE: Subset of products no Amazon results (bit.ly/VkXkHH)

1. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 3 years ago

I've made several calls to Amazon over the past year and the bottom line is this. This has to be a bug on hubpages. I know from the times I have previously written about this that it does happen to other writers.

When I try and link to various ebooks on Amazon, a capsule comes up and says that the product has no price and cannot be sold. This is despite the fact that there is very much a price attached to it.

I'm going to give you asin numbers so that you can check this out for yourself

For instance, look at this URL
    http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Days-Novel-D … im+Butcher

The book is Cold Days by Jim Butcher
    The ISIN number is B00AEIZSEG

As you will see, at the bottom of the screenshot below, it says, "Amazon is not providing us a price for this item. Therefore it can not be displayed."

Yet if I put in this ASIN, it displays.

This one does NOT display

This happens with numerous ebooks. I've been trying to figure it out for a year and would like a response from HP staff.

I cannot figure out why some books say that they do not display a price when they very clearly do. Please can you fix this up.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This has been sent to our engineering team.
      There is no need to post it multiple times.

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago

You got something against bugs??????????                                                                       
    SA:  this has been happening on and off for quite sometime and it does appear to be an HP related issue as well as putting the ISIN number and nothing showing up when you know that the product does exists because you just bought one!

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just discovered something else. It's intermittent. If you keep trying, the link eventually comes. Also, it seems to be the ones that start with a B - although that could just have been a coincidence.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago

Most of my cases are those that start with B, A and a couple others I don't remember.

Closed to reply