jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Drop in traffic.

1. moonlake profile image88
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

My traffic was picking up and doing real well now today it looks pretty bad. I watched it on Google analytics. I won't know for sure until midnight but it looks so slow compared to what it was doing. Anyone else notice this? Wondering if it's because of the changes going on with tags and rss feeds.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Moonlake, changes in traffic are just as likely to be the result of something Google has done, than something HubPages has done.  More likely, even.

Some people are seeing a surge in traffic right now.  As for me, I'm seeing no change, which is depressing as I'd expect traffic to be improving at this time of year.

moonlakeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your right it is more likely Google but it's funny it happened today when things changed.

2. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

My best traffic days are weekends. I have three traffic periods (if you can call it that). My highest days are Sunday through Tuesday, then Wednesday and Thursday it starts to fall. On Friday and Saturday it falls really low and this is the routine, then Sunday it spikes suddenly. I haven't noticed anything different but will watch to see if the weekend routine returns normal for me.

moonlakeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My best days start on Friday and go through Monday.

2. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Same here, Cardisa, except that Saturday begins to rise somewhat from Friday.

What's interesting to watch is that my best hubs fall over the weekend.  At the very same time, others replace them, at about the same traffic level, and it's the same hubs every week that are top producers.  Whether it be mid week or weekend, it's the same set every week.  I could almost tell you what day of the week it is by looking at the top 2 or 3 traffic hubs.

1. Cardisa profile image90
        Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

@Wilderness, lol....I have two hubs that basically bring in the same amount of traffic and when on falls on weekend the other spikes...hehehe. The same happens to me too. I can tell you which hub is at the top now. I have however seen an increase in traffic other than the regular performers, for my Christmas hubs.

3. Judi Bee profile image90
      Judi Beeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Weekends always see a fall for me!  It starts falling on Friday, then picks up on Sunday evening - it's usually best on Wednesday/Thursday.

3. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 4 years ago

Its the weekend that drops off for me, which is kinda strange as I don't tend to aim at school stuff or office hubs, but I am keeping my fingers crossed at the moment because my traffic has gone up a bit over the last few weeks!

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey Nell, my best weekday performer is a health hub and the best weekend is a recipe. Maybe it has to do with the type of hub and when most people are searching for it.

4. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

My traffic is as expected, but the ad-clicking seems to have become less enthusiastic.

5. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

I'm showing about a 20% increase for the same 8 hour period yesterday - I've seen a steady uptick in traffic this month - however I do have some pretty popular 'End of World' hubs that are seeing great traffic so it's really hard to tell how well I am doing!!!

6. moonlake profile image88
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

Mine has dropped three days now. It's looking really bad for today. Maybe the holidays are causing it.

working