jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

HP's no longer has tagging feature

1. sassygrrl32 profile image81
    sassygrrl32posted 4 years ago

I went to start a new hub and realized HP has changed. I looked all around to see if tagging feature was still around but it's not. So what happened to the tag feature?

Why did HP get rid of it? I don't know about some but I only used relevant keywords.

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 4 years ago
  3. sassygrrl32 profile image81
    sassygrrl32posted 4 years ago

Thanks..After doing a little reading I found it. Too bad the darn spammers had to muck it up. It's nice they add automated keywords but I still like adding my own.

4. ptosis profile image79
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

I did not know this. what about the old hubs that already have tags - are they gone? Is that why my viewsplummeted?

!@*$#&^#@(*$&^@(*!!!n I just checked! it's GONE!

1. SimeyC profile image91
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Read the other forum - tags were only used internally, and were actually abandoned many moons ago buy HP. Removing them will have no effect on external traffic!

1. ptosis profile image79
        ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info. I thought it was to make sure that Google doesn't downgrade Hubpages as a whole in SEO because writers were abusing tags. At least that the gist I got from the HP info pages on why discontinued when it mentioned spammers

1. SimeyC profile image91
          SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It was being abused internally - but apparently Google didn't even see them as text..

5. daisydayz profile image86
    daisydayzposted 4 years ago

I was so confused too! It's a little annoying as I spent a long time looking for good tags to some of my hubs, and a few really did help my views when I added them. I don't like automatic systems as they wont add the extra little bits humans think of. And will they be set up to work with words from outside the US, as some phrases and items have different names elsewhere in the world. Oh well, just have to wait and see how it works

6. snlee profile image81
    snleeposted 4 years ago

I hubpages will work things out even without tags.

working