jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

When does a hub become a 'sleeping' hub

1. sleepylog profile image86
    sleepylogposted 3 years ago

I've read a few posts now about 'sleeping' hubs. What exactly is a sleeping hub and does HP send you warnings before deleting them?

1. divacratus profile image75
      divacratusposted 3 years ago in reply to this

A hub becomes a 'sleeping' one when it's not getting much traffic or you haven't updated it in a long time. It's a good way to get you to update your hub and improve upon its quality. I'm not sure whether they get deleted in the long run. I do have a couple of 'Zzz's in my profile. I'm sure HP won't delete them without a prior warning.

2. somethgblue profile image91
      somethgblueposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Unless your Hub article is a real dog, I doubt Hub Pages will delete it. About ten of my hubs were snoozers and I simply went back and edited them improving where I could and adding to them.

Of my 130 Hubs all but one are featured and I will get to the last one shortly but just haven't had the time to to do the editing necessary. They will certainly give you the chance to refresh them and get them featured.

To tell you the truth it has really motivated me to do the work necessary to get them up to par. Now all of my Hubs range in page views from 100 to 7,000 with over half above 500, so it is really just an opportunity to make the adjustments, fine tuning, editing etc., to get your hubs to where they should be.

2. Xenonlit profile image59
    Xenonlitposted 3 years ago

I'd like an answer to that one. I'm deleting and moving my sleepers to Blogspot for now.

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

As for what, when a hub becomes unfeatured, it is sleeping: http://hubpages.com/faq/#Featured

Sleeping opposite of this...

They appear on HubPages' Topic Pages and others' Hubs
    They are presented to external search engines
    They are included in your public HubPages Profile

As for when, opinions vary...

4. Audrey Baker profile image89
    Audrey Bakerposted 3 years ago

From my understanding, if you make changes to it, it will awaken. That may include editing it, revising the summary, adding information to it, adding a photo, etc. Good luck!

5. sleepylog profile image86
    sleepylogposted 3 years ago

Wow so many replies already! Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question. Your answers are very helpful and I'll be sure to keep my hubs up to date. Thanks again smile

6. writinglover profile image83
    writingloverposted 3 years ago

A hub will become a 'sleeping' hub if HP finds something 'sensitive' in your hub. I know because I just discovered that they put my newest hub "Newborn Vampire" on idle status because it had the word 'rape' in it. This is the second hub that HP did this to. You will get a notice about your hub being on idle status (this one hub of mine, for some reason, didn't get it) HP is very picky and it can be frustrating at times.

7. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 3 years ago

I agree with somethgblue. Sometimes just changing the title helps. Look at your keyword tool for that. Even my poems are alive and well! I have about 230 hubs, with all of my poems just fine! There is one un-featured one that I just need to have time to update. I agree that this idle hubs thing does force us to make our hubs better. I've never been threatened with HP deleting a hub. Just keep on top of things. And Welcome to HubPages!!!

8. snlee profile image80
    snleeposted 3 years ago

Helpful information from all the experienced Hub guru...I also appreciate it while visiting this forum