jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

I comment on a hub only if I agree with what I've read. True or False?

1. ElizaDoole profile image90
    ElizaDooleposted 4 years ago

I often read. Then I read the comments. I'll only comment if I agree. I often click the buttons and the up button but don't leave a comment.
    What do you do?

2. 0
    zampanoposted 4 years ago

The opportunity to fully agree to intentions expressed in these forums, is seldom present.
    Especially when these intentions try to translate mataphysical "concepts".
    And when irrationality invades the screen, sometimes it can be very fun to disagree. (I ignore if it is useful or not)
    Of course, I'm placing my "opinions" on the "rational" side.

ElizaDooleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Too true. It is tempting to have a rant sometimes smile

1. 0
        zampanoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

hehehe. Yes it is. But just for a while.
        I know people who have been ranting for years.
        Well, we could call that "a form of energy".
        If only it could be reciclable...

Just read a hub about how your thoughts create an energy that basically affects the whole world. It was great reading all the comments, which I did because I wasn't sure. Finally, someone said it was a bit loopy to imagine your mind controls things. I laughed because until I read that comment I had gone with the crowd.
          Mind control - yeah neat trick! We all want to believe that one.

3. 0
    zampanoposted 4 years ago

Mind control or not, It is certain that words, be them written or spoken, have a power that insinuates into those who are receptive. (shit! I'm talking like a priest)
    But it's true. What's your next hub's subject ?

You do sound deep here. That was why that hub was so commented upon. It let out everyone's inner depth charger I guess.
      Next hub ... I've just written The Leveson Inquiry Part 2 about the media standards in the UK. Took me four hours today - phew!
      What about you?

1. 0

I'm an active reader. That is, a passive writer.

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Speaking for myself, I appreciate varying opinions on the controversial subjects I write about.  I would much rather have a discourse showing those different opinions than in just showing mine alone.

I wrote on illegal aliens, for instance, and was disappointed when very nearly everyone just said "kick them out" instead of giving other possibilities.  Especially, I suppose, when that wasn't the thrust of the hub at all - it was an effort to compromise but hardly anyone seemed interested in that. smile

Just can't please some folks - a shame that smile

5. cfin profile image75
    cfinposted 4 years ago

Feel free to comment on my hubs whether negative or positive. Sometimes it is good for discussion to have a comment to counter your own opinion. Once it is respectful and intelligent, it is more than welcome.

Plus you can always not approve them! I hope they don't disable that feature - hee hee.

6. Dan Barfield profile image85
    Dan Barfieldposted 4 years ago via iphone

Eliza doodle - the idea of consciousness affecting the physical world turns out not to be that crazy when it comes to quantum mechanics. Have you heard of the "Schrödinger's cat" thought experiment? Check it out - the implications may blow your mind smile

1. 0

and you must be the cat that smoked the carpet
      I don't know about Quantics, never been there.
      But I know about other places with the same fuse. (I mean time zone)
      And with a continental plateau, that could be a stage.
      Would you like to be on stage ?
      Sorry. I don't know about insular plateaux or insular stage. Only continental.
      But a floating platform could be arranged.
      Does it suit you ?

2. ElizaDoole profile image90

Have you done a hub on it? OR do hubs exist at all. Lolz!

I think Schrodingers cat is like comparing our ability to see with the complex machines that photograph space. If we stood next to those cameras, we would see something different to what the camera would see. That's how things can exist and not exist at the same time. Subjectivity.

7. pstraubie48 profile image89
    pstraubie48posted 4 years ago

False. I read the article and then I comment. I do not read the other comments made until I have posted my thoughts.

Very precise pstraubie48. You are so objective you are not influenced by others at all smile

working