jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

From the Neat Freak/Fastfreta

1. fastfreta profile image81
    fastfretaposted 3 years ago

Don't get tired of me yet,big_smile it's about all over, I will soon fade into obscurity.  But I just found this article on the Internet, and the author left a link to my cleaning hub.

http://jezebel.com/5966323/neat-freaks- … end-people

1. snakeslane profile image81
      snakeslaneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nice! Thank you!

2. donotfear profile image91
    donotfearposted 3 years ago

We'll never get tired of you, Freta.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Same here!

3. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 3 years ago

No way will we get tired of you, Freta! It's too much fun watching your appearances and learning about your cleaning hobby. I'm one of the ones who could learn a lot from you, even if I'll never, ever be a Neat Freak.

It's an interesting post that you linked, and I love the comments - or at least, the ones I could read without loading more.

I was thinking about you and your cleaning last night when I had a mess I was cleaning with diluted bleach. How does it affect your hands? The small amount I was using was starting to make my hands dry out so much! And also, have you ever had a splash or a spill of some kind that ruined objects around it or clothes you were wearing? Do you have any super tips about what to do?

I didn't see the whole TLC program - just the teaser posted on YouTube and the Today Show interview. Sorry if my questions have already been answered.

fastfretaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You know when I was young I used to use gloves, but now I do it bare hands, and so far nothing.  I use a lot of Nivea lotion, maybe that helps.  I've become so adept at pouring bleach that I hardly every spill.  My mother uses the splashless bleach, but I don't like it.

You know I really don't have an answer to what to do about ruining clothing or other items.  I guess you just have to use it as it is or throw it away. big_smile Sorry!

1. Aficionada profile image94
        Aficionadaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply, Freta!

4. CloudExplorer profile image80
    CloudExplorerposted 3 years ago

Congrat's on being such a clean person, my mother was the same way and it took me years to break the neat freak habit she had trained me to be as well, and boy was it tough to try to become more balanced. (That's not to say that all neat freaks are imbalanced, I just was one imbalanced klutz back then and needed good training for sure by her LOL)

Now I'm back to being my old sloppy self again as I grow closer to 40 years old hehe!, oh well at least she tried.

One thing though is, every once in a while the neat freak adrenaline kicks into full gear when I see my things get to sloppy, and I always think of my mother may the lord rest her soul, then dive into cleaning like a mad man. Thank you for the inspiration, and I'm so happy that your story has achieved the well deserved success it has thus far.

I admire those folks who stick to their regiment, and live by a true code of ethics, and you my dear have arrived as a positive force here on hubpages and elsewhere as well. Thanks for being you Fastfreta, because we love you for it even if most of us are just hearing about your story today, and never had the pleasure of discovering you in the past.

Enjoy your holiday's and have a wonderful day.

Thanks, Cloudexplorer! You actually remind me of my children, I think they rebelled against my extreme cleaning, because most of them are not that way.

5. fastfreta profile image81
    fastfretaposted 3 years ago

Be patient, one more week of this and it will all be over big_smile.  Meaning I'll fade into the sunset, but for now, one more thing.  Here is the YouTube of our Today's Show Interview, just found it. Please understand this is the biggest things that's ever happened to me and I just don't know how to act, lol

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congrats FastFreta, I really enjoyed watching the video. Your house is so tidy, I need to take a leaf out of your book!

6. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 3 years ago

Congratulations on a job nicely done, fastfreta.  It seems like you've enjoyed being involved with it (which is always better than discovering you hated it  smile  ).    I was able to see the Today show part, thanks to Robin's posting the link.   Who knows.... maybe:  Next - fastfreta, The Movie.   smile

Hahaha, now that's funny! lol I consider myself a one trick pony, and the trouble with a one trick pony is they get tired of seeing that one trick and turn away.  So that's what will happen to me, so I'm riding this wave as far as it will take me, then settle back down to my normal life.

7. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 3 years ago

Congratulations, Freta! Please enjoy every bit of the acclaims you are receiving.

8. Scribenet profile image87
    Scribenetposted 3 years ago

Congratulations Freta...I watched your segment on NeatFreaks. You are a natural on the television. I would have just been all too self conscious to be able to function but you managed with great flair and poise! I truly enjoyed watching you and your daughter!

Thank you very much Scribenet, you're too kind. I thought that I would have been also. But what made it easy, there was only a few on the crew and they were all so kind, we bonded like family.

Oh and Patty thanks also, I am enjoying it, because in a little while it will all be over, but I won't be disappointed, because I never sought this.