jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Just got this email through hubpages

1. C.S.Alexis profile image88
    C.S.Alexisposted 7 years ago

yvette (helpme.ohgod@yahoo.com) has sent you this message.
    (email address verified)

Greeting My dear Friend .

How are you and those arround you?? i hope everting is well with you over there fine.Really dear i am very happy to read your mail, and I will like to introduce my self to you . Firstly, I am Miss Yvette Maxwell Hicky 22 years old girl single never married i came from africa Mogadishu in Somalia central africa.i am the only daughter of my father. Late (Dr) Maxwell Hicky my father was an SOCIETE GENERALE DE BANQUE AU SENEGAL. My father was killed by our Government. They accused my father of coup attempt. I am constrained to contact you because of the maltreatment, am receiving from my father brothers, they planned to take away all my late father's treasury and properties from me since the unexpected death of my beloved Father. Meanwhile I wanted to escape to United State but they parsist that i will not live my country Somalia. and the most important thing is that other valuable travelling documents. Luckily they did

not discover where I kept my father's File which contains important documents. So I decided to run to the refugee where I am presently seeking asylum under the United Nations High Commission for the Refugee here in Dakar, Republic of Senegal. I wish to contact you personally for a ) long term business relationship and investment assistance in your Country.My father deposited the sum of ($4.8M) dollars in the Bank which he used my name as the next of kin. However, I shall forward you the necessay documents on confirmation of your acceptance to assist me for the transfer and investment of the fund As you will help me in an invsetment, it is my intention to compensate you with 15% of the total money for your services and the balance shall be my investment capital. This is the reason why I decided to contact you in this way because i see that you are a well trust worldy man . Please all

communications should be through this email only for confidential purposes. As soon as I receive your positive response showing your interest I will put things into action immediately. please write to me

hopeing to here from your please i need your help in my life (yvettehicky@yahoo.com)

What the hell is this? Is there something that can be done about this kind of emails? I do not have time and it is way out of line as far as I can tell C.S.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

That's called SPAM tongue lots of those kind of emails get around, jus toss it.. probably just tryin get your personal & banking info

3. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

I got the same email too. But not through hubpages .

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 7 years ago

It's called Nigerian scam or Nigerian advanced fee scam.

5. C.S.Alexis profile image88
    C.S.Alexisposted 7 years ago

yes I too have rcvd. similar emails but never through hubpages. I know it is spam I just wondered if anyone could put a stop to it?

6. shashigai profile image60
    shashigaiposted 7 years ago

no no, her name is not yvette, its hellen!

Hello, My name is Hellen i saw your profile today at (thatotherwebsite.com) and i became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and if you dont mind i will like you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address (hellenharry_12@yaho o.com) believe we can move from here!I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.Hellen

hellenharry? oh, no, i'm frightened!
    i love it. when i got this message i was experimenting with the site and the only thing listed on my profile was male. apparently male and online are her only criteria...

7. 0
    C. C. Riterposted 7 years ago

Yeah, I got one too from yvette, I think that was the name. It was (via hubpages) I just trashed it. Part of this worldwideweb thing.

8. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

i have received a dozen spam messages since January 1, via Hubpages email from new Hubbers that have posted no hubs. I ignore them and delete.