jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Are keywords disabled?

1. Scribenet profile image86
    Scribenetposted 4 years ago

Did we lose our keyword tags? I just published a Hub and went to check my keywords and could not find them in the usual location...or have they just been moved?  Scratching head here.

2. Sally's Trove profile image98
    Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago

Good question. Both keyword search terms and tags seem to be MIA. I'm scratching my head, too. Where'd they go?

3. kathyinmn profile image78
    kathyinmnposted 4 years ago

mine are gon also. I wanted to update my list and could not get to them

4. brimancandy profile image81
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

According to other questions on this subject, tags have been removed, and replaced with who knows what. That has not been explained very well. As for key words, not sure if that would be considered the same as tags or not. I wanted to update mine as well, and they were gone from all but one of my hubs.

5. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Search the forums for a complete answer as there are several threads on the subject.

In short, the tags are gone from HP.  Not keywords, just the tags that were entered on the right side of the "edit hub" page.

Scribenetposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank wilderness...I will go search more thoroughly. I usually used the tags for keywords.Wish it was more obvious since everything takes time... ie searching for new ways to do the same old thing! smile

I see the threads are closed and if I understand correctly we do not enter keywords anymore...it is done for us by HubPages. So much for all the SEO Hubs out there! Thankfully, I have none!

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Keywords are NOT tags, although tags can be and often are the keywords you are trying to rank for.  There is far more to the subject of keywords than simply sticking words into the (now missing) tags box in the hopes someone will search for them.

I have much to learn.

I try to include keywords in my copy and search for popular keywords to use, but often opt for writing what I like and include the keywords if they fit naturally. Good to know the tags were not that important...one less issue to take care of. smile

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We have never enetered keywords.  The "tags" were the only thing we entered.  This simply was to allow "like" hub material to show as related to our material.

Keywords are every word of your hub in the eyes of Google.  If you happen to have the "happy" keywords that are popular at the moment, you will see a rise in the ranks of the search engines, if not, you can change your hub to incorporate other words (keywords) that are trending or are popular at the present time.

Try using the Google keyword tool.... Again, you have always used keywords...and you still use keywords whenever you publish anywhere online.

2. Sally's Trove profile image98
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Here's one:

http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/12/phasin … s-capsule/

I haven't written a hub in quite a while...didn't realize the requirement to enter at least two tags was missing from the create hub process nor that tags were gone. C'est la vie, I guess.

Closed to reply

working