jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

First Hub For Me!

1. Faith A Mullen profile image90
    Faith A Mullenposted 4 years ago

Hi all,

Just posted my first hub. I would love any feedback to help me improve as I am new to the world of hubpages.

http://faithamullen.hubpages.com/hub/Do … ht-for-You

2. seanorjohn profile image81
    seanorjohnposted 4 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages.I am no expert but it reads really well. I learnt a lot that I didn't know about the daschund. You write with enthusiasm and that is always infectious. You might be best to move the first photo on the right hand side. This is where the first advertisement will appear and I think it is usually considered the ad most people are likely to click on. Are you hoping to make some money on Hubpages? I hope some expert Hubbers help you out. There are some real friendly helpful experts on this site. The learning centre is worth checking out too.

Faith A Mullenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the tip. I am hoping to eventually make some money through HubPages, but am waiting till I have several hubs to apply for AdSense, etc. I have read that this is necessary now?

3. LagunaAlkaline profile image86
    LagunaAlkalineposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HP! I think this was a very informative and well written hub! Keep it up!

Thanks!

4. SimeyC profile image90
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

A couple of things to think about:
    -Make your sub-headings key phrases too. Example - "Smooth, Long, or Wire Coat" - should be something like What types of coats do Dachshunds have? Do keyword research to find sub-titles that will come up in search engines without too much competition - it gives your article more chance of being found.
    -Use bold and italics or bullet point - in the section "Smooth, Long, or Wire Coat" you could probably bold and italic the Smooth, Long and Wire Coat to make each section stand out - sometimes using bullets also works better - try messing around to see how it looks.
    -Define the phrase Doxie - I have never heard this and while it is probably obvious you could use a right aligned text box colored blue to provide the origin of the word Doxie - call it a searchable term like "Why are Dachshunds called Doxies?"

I am being over critical - but these are the things you should think about incorporating into your hub to make it stand out even more! Overall this is a very good first hub - well written, well presented etc.

Thanks! Great tips.

5. snlee profile image79
    snleeposted 4 years ago

just continue to submit quality contents. Inserting relevant images or  videos will definitely help

6. EsmeSanBona profile image87
    EsmeSanBonaposted 4 years ago

Welcome, and great first article!

I agree with the Learning Center suggestion.  There is an article there that is entitled Elements of a Stellar Hub (or something similar to that) that is awesome.  I wish I had read it when I first starting writing here...then I wouldn't be in the process of rewriting everything I already wrote. :-(

SimeyC and seanorjohn, I learned something from both your posts, so thanks.  And SimeyC, I wish more people would learn to give criticism like you did.

Thanks! I will look for that article!

1. HattieMattieMae profile image68
        HattieMattieMaeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hello Faith, Welcome to Hubpages. Hope you enjoy writing with us and meet a lot of great writers here. I've loved every minute of the community since I've been here. We have lots of great people from all over the world and of course we all make each other better writers.

Thanks HattieMattie! I am excited to join the community.

working