jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How the hell did my ads get disabled for the second part of a story?

1. writinglover profile image84
    writingloverposted 4 years ago

"If She Was a Criminal...The Affair" got its ads disabled. I have an idea of what it is and I think its stupid. There is nothing explicit about it! If anybody wants to look at it, visit my profile page and you tell me if there is something wrong!

2. 2uesday profile image86
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

If it is newly published  I think you will find the ads do not appear until the H appears next to it on your accounts stats. page.

It is to do with the pending time hubs now have - the below text is a quote from this blog post http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/11/qualit … t-process/

from - Nov.7th 2012.

"So, what’s changing?

At this point, the following things happen when you publish a Hub:

Ads are shown on your Hub and its status is Pending for approximately 24 hours as it is assessed to see whether it meets our publishing standards
    So long as the Hub meets our basic publishing standards, it is Featured
    Should your Hub not see continued engagement from readers over time, it might lapse out of a Featured state, but editing it can bring it back to a Featured state within 24 hours

Starting early next week, when you publish a Hub, the flow will be a little different:

When you publish a Hub, its status is Pending as it undergoes the Quality Assessment Process, which should take approximately 24 hours; this process includes a quality assessment in addition to a check as to whether the Hub meets our basic publishing standards
    After a Hub undergoes the Quality Assessment Process, ads will be added to the page; Hubs that meet certain Quality Assessment Process criteria will also be Featured
    After being edited, Hubs go through the Quality Assessment Process once more, hence each time a Hub is edited, it is given a new chance to be Featured".

Hope that helps to explain it.

3. writinglover profile image84
    writingloverposted 4 years ago

Now that I have a calmer head, thank you for responding. However, the hub WAS published, but the ads were disabled. I looked again just an hour ago and I found that it was in idle mode. I finally got the warning that some moderator thought it was not suitable for advertisement. Apparently, this moderator picked apart my story and, to his or her mind, found something in appropriate. I'm not promoting sex, you chumps! It's just a romance story! Geez!

I don't think anything was wrong with it. There was nothing explicit or inappropriate about it. There wasn't even an implication of nudity (I'm also positive that's what they thought they found--the jerk). I swear these moderators are extremely picky. Pardon me, but I'm still rather irritated as I made sure that there was nothing inappropriate and, of course, this was the third hub they idled because of what they THOUGHT they found.

I apologize for the rant, but I needed to make my feelings known...and waking up at three in the morning to go to work, only to get stuck in snowdrift and dig out doesn't really help my state of mind.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Certain word combinations put adsense at risk of being withdrawn.  So while it may not make a lot of sense, they do need to avoid crossing the lines Adsense has drawn.

(Speaking as someone who lost adsense on a blog about romance novels).

writingloverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I suppose that does make sense. Thanks for clearing that up some more.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Exactly right.  Adsense robots can't read context, they just look for "naughty words".

Apparently 'naked' is a naughty word. I actually used it to describe my older protagonist's chest. That's the only word that probably comes close to being naughty. Oh well.

5. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I think I lost Adsense for talking about the words different authors use to refer to the penis.

Apparent Adsense does not think a lady should discuss that sort of thing?  wink

If you use any slang that refers to 'penis', then you're going to get penalized for it. Some slang terms, I guess, are considered naughty, but what do I know?

working