jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Any ideas for a new holiday?

1. paulburchett profile image77
    paulburchettposted 3 years ago

Cool names,dates,etc.

2. 60
    ellysdirectoryposted 3 years ago

maybe trying go to other country or trying go to horrible place with friends lol. that will new experience..
    or going to camp alone on forest.

3. brimancandy profile image82
    brimancandyposted 3 years ago

I have one. National Buy Out Day.

The government gives regular citizens $10,000.00 credit cards, which do not have to be repaid. They can then use those cards to pay off all of their bills, or buy products or services with them. With the catch, that they can not be used to get cash, (Or maybe $1,000 cash limit) and, you only have 90 days to use them before they expire. Maybe have that day in mid October, so that the cards might carry through the Christmas shopping season. Or have them at the start of summer, banking that people will use them to take a nice vacation, or to buy a new car.

The government doesn't have any problem giving Billions of dollars to Corporate America, and I think the citizens of this country deserve their day. It will put buying power into the hands of millions of people. You may think $10,000.00 is a lot of money, but I made $23,000.00 a year, and was never able to save any money. So it's not a lot, but it would certainly help. Especially the poor.

I'm sick of hearing about all the money our government wastes, and I think if they are going to waste it, at least waste it on people who might use it to better the economy, and not just put it in their own pocket. I'm talking about you AIG and Big Oil!!

1. 0
      Sarra Garrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I like this holiday.  The 'bail out' money should have been used in this fashion instead of being given to the big corporations.

2. paulburchett profile image77
      paulburchettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Excellent answer! I agree 100%. By the way, I haven't been able to save money in years.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Adopt an HP Staff Member Day big_smile

1. paulburchett profile image77
      paulburchettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

lol, how cute! They kinda look like raccoons, are these hubbers?