jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What happened to the Tags

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image88
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 4 years ago

It used to be that you needed at least 2 tags for the hub to be published. I do not see Tags anywhere now. Does that means that the time we put into finding tags is now all wasted. Also what does Reorder mean.

2. kathyinmn profile image78
    kathyinmnposted 4 years ago

I just posted a hub and there was no place to put a tag on it.
    Now my hub is not featured.

I am not happy about it

3. sleepylog profile image86
    sleepylogposted 4 years ago

Reorder allows you to move your capsules around. Double click on a capsule to make it smaller. You can move a small capsule onto a larger one to make them appear side by side.

4. Jennifer Stone profile image86
    Jennifer Stoneposted 4 years ago

Tags have been removed from the Create a Hub page, and now HubPages adds them automatically.
    Here is a link from Simone Smith which explains it...

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/106827

I was worried about this at first, but I haven't seen any detrimental effect on any of my hubs. Hope that helps! :-)

Chuck Bluesteinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks it says "On our blog, we have announced that we are retiring tags ." How do I get to the blog. It does not say that they will be adding them automatically.

1. Jennifer Stone profile image86
        Jennifer Stoneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Here's a link to a blog post from Simone, about the RSS feeds and tags, I think this one explains about tags being added automatically!

http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/12/phasin … s-capsule/

Chuck Bluesteinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! "Tags used to be very important on HubPages, but due to abuse by spammers, we developed an automated system that develops tags for Hubs automatically (which will ultimately save you time and leave Hubbers less dumbfounded when trying to determine which tags are or are not appropriate)."

working