jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why are the little black "H"s next to my hubs disappearing?

1. 0
    Lybrahposted 3 years ago

When I check my account, I see the list of my hubs, and each has a black circle H next to it that means it is featured.  Some of my H's are starting to disappear.  Why?  How can I stop it?  Do I need to update these hubs?

1. 0
      Casimiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can get the black H back by simply making an edit of the hub, even just one word change. However, the intent of being "de-featured" is to send you a message that perhaps the hub needs a makeover. Take a good look at these hubs and really consider how you could improve it or if they are worth the effort to improve. Some hubs that fail I consider to be learning experiences.

1. derek gulbranson profile image81
        derek gulbransonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

True, it is encouragement to give the Hub a makeover, but the more functional purpose of no longer Featuring a Hub is to remove it from the search index so that it doesn't hurt the search traffic to the rest of your profile.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

It means your hubs lack the freshness and/or traffic and will eventually be made "no index" (meaning search engines cannot 'see' those hubs.

You need to edit those hubs and freshen them up or add new content to them.  Or just accept that they will go into snooze mode and stop appearing in your profile or getting search engine traffic.

3. derek gulbranson profile image81
    derek gulbransonposted 3 years ago

If you are interested in generating revenue from the search traffic of those Hubs then yes, you need to edit them to improve their quality so that they remain Featured. Try following the Stellar Hub guidelines to increase the quality of that content. Also take a look at the Learning Center article about Featured Hubs and the blog post about the new Quality Assessment Process.