jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

I'm Happy to let the world end now.....

1. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

...Rush have just been inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! I can die happy!!!

1. ElSeductor profile image61
      ElSeductorposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Rush has no soul.  Sure, they are talented musicians, but there is no depth.  They are like a well cooked, good looking meal with no flavor once you bite into it.

1. bBerean profile image60
        bBereanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No depth?  Hard to find more thoughtful lyric writing.

2. SimeyC profile image88
        SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I will respectfully disagree. If you listen to Rush;s entire portfolio you will see a lot  of heart and soul. Just listen to some of the lyrics and you'll realize how much Neil Peart puts into his music. I know that no rush fans will ever understand but of you don't know the entire Rush portfolio you cannot claim the have no soul!

If you listen to mainstream Rush you probably know 4 or 5 songs -Rush are far more than that!

1. MickeySr profile image88
          MickeySrposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have to agree with ElSeductor - never liked Rush . . . but then, I'm the guy who doesn't like The Eagles or Journey and contend that The Stones are vastly overrated, so, who's going to listen to me . . ?

3. Keith R Greene profile image60
        Keith R Greeneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Science, like nature, must also be tamed; Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand; If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line; Bitterness breeds irritation, ignorance breeds imitation. Really? One of the deepest bands ever

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Hooray! It's about damn time isn't it??

1. Castlepaloma profile image22
      Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't Rush, End of the World

There is more to life

3. ienjoythis profile image88
    ienjoythisposted 4 years ago

Should have been in there years ago!

4. ienjoythis profile image88
    ienjoythisposted 4 years ago

Rush is not a band of casual followers, your either love them or hate them. They were never heavy enough for most "rockers" but were too heavy for "pop/new age" fans.

1. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agreed.  On a writing site though, I would think love them or hate them, folks would give them their due at least regarding the fine writing.  It is so hard to find that level of writing in music.  I wish there were more examples of that caliber available.

working