jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Soooooooooooooooo Bored

1. 0
    Kathryn LJposted 3 years ago

My mother always said that only boring people get bored and I have repeated this piece of homespun wisdom to my own dear chicks.

However, I am physically too tired to do anything, its all repeats on the myriad of TV channels and I can't find a single thread on here to engage with.

Please entertain me.  What is the most boring thread you've ever come across.  (Citing this one is just cheating.)

2. DreamerMeg profile image86
    DreamerMegposted 3 years ago

Haven't come across any boring hubs, or if I have, I stop reading them so quickly that their presence doesn't register. Watching TV will make you tired.

How about playing "Take 1"?
    To play this game you can EITHER Take 1 minute or Take 1 thing.
    You choose 1 thing to take or 1 minute to spend doing something and do it. It might be rolling a pair of socks and putting them in the basket, or folding 1 dry towel and putting it in the cupboard. I play this game with the laundry airer as I go up and down the stairs. I pick out 1 item and put it in a drawer or in the airing cupboard. I pass the laundry airer several times a day, so the stuff gets put away gradually, without having to force myself to do it.
    If I have some studying to do, I do 1 thing from that (or spend 1 minute). I might sketch out a rough mind map of what I have to do or create a to do list. The next time I do "Just 1", I take something off that "to do" list and do it.

You can do this with making sales calls (list the steps to make that call, eg, finding the number, checking the contact name, checking any special notes, etc).

OK, so what are you going to do for "Just 1"? I just answered one question! smile

1. 0
      Kathryn LJposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've just ordered a Christmas present on line for a friend in the UK, does that count as Just 1?

I feel the need to quantify my inability to cure my own boredom.  Today I have:
      Done all animal chores, feeding, mucking out etc.
      Walked dogs twice, approx 6 kilometres.
      Cleaned house, done laundry, cooked meals, washed up etc.
      Exercised horse on a hack for 3 hours.
      Went shopping.
      Laid both woodburners for the evening, and lugged in enough wood for 3 days.

Now I'm snuggled down for the evening, too early for bed so ..............

1. DreamerMeg profile image86
        DreamerMegposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that definitely counts as "Just 1". Sounds like you have had a very busy day, and are maybe a bit "strung out" with having accomplished so much, so how about a pampering "Just 1"? Cut your nails, or put on perfume. Use hand cream or brush your hair. Whatever makes you feel special, just do 1 or just do 1 minute and enjoy.

1. 0

Sounds good, I'm going to have a long shower later, and a mug of hot chocolate. smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Movie or a book. You've earned it. smile

1. 0

I've always like you! tongue

3. austinhealy profile image83
    austinhealyposted 3 years ago

Kathryn, you have obviously not read any of my stories because if you had, boredom would have been sent back right where it belongs. Or am I just kidding myself and are my stories actually as boring as your current day? Which would make me, in the process, boring too! And I don't want to be boring. And suddenly the thought that one of my hubs migh be cited as one of the most boring threads ever hit me. No, please, there are plenty of other boring hubs about crocheting yourself a bathing suit using unwanted leftover wool. Or, half a dozen recipes out of the same full of crap can of soup.Or how to unclog a toilet when it's 3.00AM, you don't have a plunger and your favorite plumber is away spending your money in Vegas. And come to think of it, Dec 21 is just around the corner and this boring world is coming to an end, I've been told. There are plenty of threads around to tell you how and why. And you're wasting your last precious days lounging on the couch? You picked the wrong time to be bored...smile

1. 0

Cor your a busy dog.  Warn out just looking at your work.  Prolific and interesting.  I refuse to feel guilty!

Actually I posted this thread in order to ask what is the most boring discussion thread, (apart from this one.)  I was thinking more along the lines of - ' lets have a discussion about navel fluff,  mines always blue.

1. austinhealy profile image83
        austinhealyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Just looked at your profile and got a major, unboring shock. My family is  originally from Brittany and my brother lives in Caden (Morbihan) in a house built by my grandfather in 1928. Am I thrilled to learn that you are contributing to keep the Breton language alive. What was that word you used, boring?smile

1. 0

Small world!  I live just on the other side of Morbihan in Cotes d' Amor , next to the Nantes / Brest canal.  this is more like it smile