jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Save Our Internet freedom! It concerns all of us!

1. Violet Flame profile image85
    Violet Flameposted 3 years ago

The movie THRIVE has predicted that the global power will want to curb our present internet freedom, here it is now!

"Right now at a UN meeting in Dubai, authoritarian regimes are pushing for full governmental control of the Internet in a binding global treaty -- if they succeed, the internet could become less open, more costly and much slower. We have only 2 days to stop them." (actually, make that 1 day)

http://www.avaaz.org/en/hands_off_our_i … i/?cgPXgab

2. Violet Flame profile image85
    Violet Flameposted 3 years ago

I don't normally do things like this, but I figure, once our internet freedom is taken away, or curbed one way or the other, it will be very difficult to take it back again. It's time to show them our power as people, better now then later. As later might be too late. It is perhaps not an accident after all that yesterday, Auckland Telecom's internet service suffered massive outage that could potentially affect 300,000 households.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Signed. I don't want to lose my internet freedom, nor do I want others too either.

3. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 3 years ago

Hey, if you are in the market for a bridge, I've got an awesome one I'm selling right now in San Francisco. A big red one. Maybe you've seen it? Act fast though, it won't be available for long.