jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (28 posts)

FIXED: Stats page is stuck

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago

My stats haven't updated for 18 hours.  Anybody else having this problem?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We should now be caught back up and stats should be current.
      Thanks for everyone's patience.

1. SidKemp profile image93
        SidKempposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Matthew! Good job!

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much.  It's always worrisome when you can't get a handle on where you stand with your views, but I know that managing the technology for such a sophisticated site is complicated.  Appreciate the quick response!

3. janshares profile image88
        jansharesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hello Matthew,
        Regarding stat updates, are things back to normal since you last posted 24 hours ago? Or is it an on-going problem that come and goes? From reading the forums/questions, seems to be several glitches all occurring simultaneously. Thanks in advance for the update. I know you are all working very hard.

2. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

Yep, stats are stuck for me!I'm hoping that Google are having mega problems and the 67% drop in traffic I had yesterday is purely fictional big_smile - although I highly doubt it, one can hope.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't know, Simey - my adsense was stuck for a while yesterday, but has popped back up to something reasonable (for yesterday's views) by now.

1. SimeyC profile image89
        SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nah - sadly I know it's not a problem with Google - December 10, 2012 9PM ET my analytics show a drastic drop in traffic - looking at my benchmark hub it has dropped to the second page in Google - so some algorithm was changed or backed out - it normally takes about 5 or 6 days for this benchmark hub to get back to page 1 - so hopefully I'll recover a little. I'm still getting good traffic - but was getting GREAT traffic - couldn't have happened at a worse time. My Christmas and End of World hubs were doing amazing - with the broken HP stats I can't really tell if they still are or not.....

....on the plus side, I did sell a Adult Cockroach Costume yesterday - now that should be a fun end of world party!!!

1. Jeannieinabottle profile image86
          Jeannieinabottleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am with you, SimeyC.  I've seen a DRASTIC drop in traffic according to my HubPages stats and Google analytics.  I am thinking there must have been a change with Google again.  That stinks since my holiday hubs were doing so well.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

18 hours and counting!!

4. MakinBacon profile image82
    MakinBaconposted 4 years ago

My stats haven't updated for about 18 hours either.

5. moonlake profile image84
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

Views on my hubs have also dropped. I had a haiku go into the invisible Zzzs so I worked on it and added more to it. It came out of pending and went right back into Zzzs even though it had views. So I just took it off. Looks like most of the haikus will have to be deleted.
    I also had a hub on cooking corn go into Zzz. I don't know how to fix them because they are seasonal. This hub usually gets good views in the summer months. It's pending now.
    My stats are also stuck.

6. Novel Treasure profile image86
    Novel Treasureposted 4 years ago

Same here, stats have shown the exact same number in total and for each hub for 24 hours now.

7. PaulGoodman67 profile image89
    PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago

My HP stats are currently stuck like with other hubbers. 

My Google stats also stopped for a time this morning, and there was a message from Google, but now that seems to be sorted. 

Just waiting for the HP stats now to update...

8. SidKemp profile image93
    SidKempposted 4 years ago

12:30pm Eastern US time, my HubPages stats have not updated for well over 12 hours - no increase in total page views is the obvious way to tell.

I'd love to know if this is a known issue for HP staff - I suspect they're on it.

9. Simone Smith profile image90
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone! We're aware of the problem and are looking into it.

1. SidKemp profile image93
      SidKempposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Simone. My stats updated within the last hour or two.

Hey, everyone, chill. Stats generally update hourly, but let's not get all antsy unless it hits 6 hours or more. I'm taking the energy I'm saving on worry to write more hubs!

10. writinglover profile image82
    writingloverposted 4 years ago

Same here! I had asked about that! Glad to know that the staff is on it!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just looked again and it's been 24 hours now.  This has happened before and they always get it fixed, so guess we'll all just have to sweat it out!

1. Car CharityDonate profile image60
        Car CharityDonateposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Phew! I thought no one was reading my Hubs!

1. wtaylorjr2001 profile image80
          wtaylorjr2001posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Stat page is still not functioning for me. I also thought no one was reading my hubs.

1. wtaylorjr2001 profile image80
            wtaylorjr2001posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Fixed

Broke again - last updated two hours ago!

1. writinglover profile image82
                writingloverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Same here. Last updated two hours ago!

11. mpropp profile image86
    mproppposted 4 years ago

Looks like the stats just got fixed!

1. viryabo profile image87
      viryaboposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Finally. Phew!!

..and then they broke again!

12. Howard S. profile image85
    Howard S.posted 4 years ago

Stats snatch--the Grinch stole my pole! I had #1 on Google and now I'm page 2 or worse. It started on the 11th.

As for the HubPages stats page itself, my most recent hub's stats have been frozen for a week or so. It's not hard to tell when it says you get 3 every day for two weeks and a total of 22 ever-ever. I'm obviously not going to be too interested in that particular hub, but don't know how to interpret other stats!

Closed to reply

working