jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Duplicate? Not Exactly Sure What This Means

1. don tilton profile image59
    don tiltonposted 4 years ago

I'm fairly new to this, and didn't expect the kick I got on this one. I have an article that was kicked citing Duplicate. I checked it with Copyscape premium, and it didn't show anything, can anyone help? Here's the address: http://dontilton.hubpages.com/hub/NZBMa … ternatives

1. Isabel Melville profile image86
      Isabel Melvilleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don, we can't see the article because it is unpublished. Email your concerns to team@hubpages.com. They will be able to help you smile

don tiltonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I see,  wasn't sure about that...sorry, I'm still a newb. big_smile

1. Isabel Melville profile image86
          Isabel Melvilleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

LOL, you don't need to apologize for being a newbie. We were all there once. It's just that emailing staff is normally the best way to solve this type of problem, as they see stuff we can't.
          I would also suggest you take a section of your hub and put it into Google search, in quotes. This will throw up exact replicas.
          Trouble about writing about anything at all online is someone may have written an almost identical phrase or sentence.
          If your hub ended up with a few of them, perhaps because your writing voice is similar to others, you will raise a flag.
          It sounds like an automatic thing, so asking a staff member to actually look at your hub might be beneficial.

However, HP staff don't tend to give much away when it comes to duplicate stuff, so your best bet it is to carefully check paragraphs in Google and re-word things as much as possible, and add something new.

Actually just the adding something new should get rid of a duplicate flag, if your stuff was original in the first place smile

Thanks a lot for the advice. I'd really like to know what they saw wrong, so as to avoid the same mistake in the future. I seem to be having real good luck with HP so far though. 22 out of 25 Hubs have been featured, with this being one of the three that isn't. Starting to get an author score to speak of. Like to keep the roll going...

2. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 4 years ago

well, was it an original article?

3. don tilton profile image59
    don tiltonposted 4 years ago

I believed so...there weren't any other hubs about the subject.

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I mean, is Hubpages the first place you published it? Or did you publish it somewhere else first?

No...I haven't published this article anywhere.

1. janesix profile image60
          janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm, that's weird. I don't know then.

I did get a duplicate warning once for a hub, and it was a poem that I hadn't published anywhere else. Sometimes they mess up I think.

I'll just withdraw that one and put it somewhere else I guess then. I'll check it once more on Copyscape just to make absolutely sure...

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

The link no longer works, HP has dumped it.

5. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Being featured is just a normal hub.  Non-featured hubs are in danger of being made 'no index' so search engines will not list them.  I would suggest editing those hubs and keeping all hubs away from going no index.

6. Emilyfed profile image81
    Emilyfedposted 4 years ago

Hi!

I encountered this problem once.

I wrote a poem of my own. And when I published it, I received a message saying its a duplicate.
    I was like, "What? A duplicate? I wrote it myself!!".

So I emailed hubpages back again and told them, it was one that I wrote myself, all by myself.

Two days later I received a message saying that they were sorry and they have cleared the problem and published my hub.

So you see, the only way is to email hubpages and say that you did not duplicate the article. But of course, if you've actually duplicated, then there's no point in arguing. If it is your original work, then you can say so to hubpages.

Hope this helps.
    Emily

working