How to increase traffic to some of my hubs?

1. Cardia profile image88
    Cardiaposted 3 years ago

I've been on Hubpages for about a year and a half now, and I just published my 25th Hub.
    I've noticed that while some of my hubs are very popular and have thousands of views total, there are some that  are barely scraping 100 views sad Funny enough, these are on topics that I thought would be popular or would have a decent amount of traffic.

Any way that I can up the traffic to these hubs, and to my writings in general? I use a Twitter account to share links, but I'm not sure how effective that is...
    Thank you!

1. somethgblue profile image91
      somethgblueposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I joined Before Its News years ago but never used the account because you don't get paid however because it is such a popular site I now use as a lead in to my hubs that are published.

I use Connotea, LinkedIn, Iparte, RedGage, Pin It, Bolt It, Digg, Stumble Upon, Face Book and Twitter to create back links.

I have created RSS feeds to every major free site that allows you to post a RSS Feed, at least ten.

This has allowed me to break the 100,000 page view level in 15 months from 132 hubs, however I write on very controversial subjects.

Hope this helps!

2. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Hi Cardia,
    Excellent question I wonder about exactly. The hub that I did when I first came to hp and was naive to the process is getting hundreds of views. I'm not sure why (a recipe). Those that I worked harder on, using the tools, several capsules to break up the text, and sometimes my own photos, are hovering under or above a hundred or much worse. I use twitter, too, which does give a limited boost, as well as fb. I also use email to friends who forward. I have a feeling that making a hub take off like wildfire has to do with having a grasp on titling, keywords, backlinks, timing, and trends, which I still don't know how to optimize. I'll just keep trying.