jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Lots of Broken Links Anyone Else

1. tamron profile image60
    tamronposted 3 years ago

I had 2 broken links for years on 2 Youtube videos.  Now this morning I have several broken links that are not videos.

I checked several of those so called broken links and they are not broken.

1. somethgblue profile image91
      somethgblueposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I get a lot of broken links, mainly because I write on controversial subjects that once discovered are quickly yanked off the internet. Censorship on the internet is alive and well, make no mistake.

Usually on the weekends moderators go through hubs and check links and even if they are not broken maybe considered phishing sites. Also since Big Brother Google is here for our protection they may choose to 'protect' us from sites they don't deem worthy and Hub Pages plays along.

For instance the site Zeta Talk, which has been on the WWW since 1995 Google doesn't like and hence trying to link to this site becomes problematic.

Try searching for recent floods or earthquakes on Google and you will quickly realize how The Powers That  Be wish for the public to remain ignorant.

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Just go to http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/broken-links and click on 'retest'.

Any hub links that are not broken are corrected, and those which are broken will tell you.

Saves any other hassle.

Sometimes the software to check for broken links doesn't work too well, especially when it comes to youtube videos.

2. tamron profile image60
    tamronposted 3 years ago

Thanks IzzyM
    I didn't think of that feature or really didn't know about the feature in our account page.  Now I have no broken links.
    Thanks Again!