jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Does deleting idle hubs really help improve Traffic?

1. Cardia profile image89
    Cardiaposted 4 years ago

I just published my 25th Hub a few days ago.
    For the past month or so, my traffic has been pretty low, and this is also reflected in my Adsense earnings.
    I've seen some other Hubbers saying that after deleting or at least unpublishing idle hubs that they noticed a surge in traffic - it's almost as if the idle hubs were dragging the good ones down.

I do have some hubs that haven't gotten views in ages - I've tried editing them, adding new pictures and polls and generally updating them, but it hasn't seemed to help. I've never deleted anything that I've published on here before, but I'm willing to do it if it will help improve my traffic.

Any tips/comments on this please? does it really work? thank you!

1. LetitiaFT profile image83
      LetitiaFTposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I moved a few low-performing and idle hubs (all recipes), revamping the latter in the process, to my secondary HP account which is devoted to recipes. It hasn't help that account, but it has given a traffic boost to the account (this one) that I removed them from. The improvement did take a few days to kick in though. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

2. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

According to HP, the answer is a resounding yes. Leastwise as to getting them off the S/E radar. That's what the noindex thing is all about.

3. paradigmsearch profile image87

As to unpublishing and moving elsewhere, so far I've not regretted it.

1. Cardia profile image89
      Cardiaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay so maybe I should just unpublish them for now and see if the traffic levels improve?

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Whenever I get bored, I'll do just one.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I have done some of that and it's annoying tongue lol I can't say if it's helpful or not. I'd just suggest doing what others do - use those FREE 'Google Adwords' offers that come along wink write for Examiner or other netizen site, write about popular topics, engage in forums. Do a search on gaining traffic. There's a lot of information right on this site, use the search bar. Don't feel too badly. You're not alone smile

5. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

I unpublished all the hubs that HP idled and its made damn all difference.

Does that help?

6. paradigmsearch profile image87

Come to think of it, I've got a political hub that's gotten 3 views in the last 30 days. It's already been overhauled several times to no avail. Problem is I really do like that hub. However, this thread has caused me to break out and start cleaning the shotgun... big_smile

Guess what? I changed my mind. I went and put all 4 of my political hubs into their own happy, little group. That way they can drag each other down, instead of the hubs they used to be grouped with. We'll see what the stats look like in 30 days...

1. LetitiaFT profile image83
        LetitiaFTposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a good idea. Some people do say that that kind of linking has an impact.Let us know how if it works for you.

If I don't randomly wake up one morning and just delete them, I will do that. big_smile

7. peeples profile image88
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

I wish I knew the answer to this one. As of late my hubs are idle time I publish them and never end up with the H next to them.

8. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

I don't see a way to get the hubs OUT of idle status, even if you do make improvements and updates...Google's bot crawls by, sees the damned "no index" tag, and moves right along....  It is truly an unfair situation.

working