jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Jump to the Top of the Page Button in Hubs

1. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 4 years ago

Is there any way to add this feature to Hubs? Something similar to what you have in the forum? Would save a lot of scrolling when you're at the bottom of a 300+ comment thread.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

People do seem to have an aversion to keyboard use when their mouse is firmly gripped... big_smile

Long time ago I used to put a "top" link at the bottom of each of my hubs. However, they suddenly stopped working for some reason. So I gave up on it.

snakeslaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Are you saying there is a way to do this with the keyboard Para?

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
          paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Browser navigation keys include:

home
          end
          pg up
          pg dn
          space bar
          The 4 little arrows.
          F3 is my favorite for finding something on a page.
          There's probably a lot more, but that's all that comes to mind at the moment. smile

Your original idea isn't a bad one. I've seen lots of sites that have a top link at the bottom of their pages.  Seems to be what many users prefer.

snakeslaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! I've been lost with my Window7 since I got it, I just discovered caret browsing after reading your reply. Maybe can still teach an old dog new tricks! OMG I just discovered the page up and down arrows located to the right of the main keyboard. Thanks again! And you're right. The 'Home' button takes me right to the top of the page. And 'End' takes me right back to the bottom...So happy, Great! Appreciate your help.

working