HP is a business and they can do what they like, and deem fit and appropriate for the site.
However, as a user what would be your Top 5 Suggestions for the site in 2013 and your wish list.
My suggestions are:
1. Stability – change is good if it works, but I think there have been too many change on HP. HP should finalise the layout and ‘let it be’ for 6 months or so. This would help build traffic and reputation with G and Bing and also with the users of the site (the audience).
2. Get rid of NOINDEX tags on hubs during pending by not publishing them while being evaluated (QAP). This means that featured pages never have this tag.
3. The hubscore be revamped as an overall quality and popularity rating for the hub, with a published formula such as quality (60%) + Traffic (10%) + Comments(10%) + Likes(10%) + Media /capsules (10%). This score would be shown to hubbers on their summaries and would be used for ranking of pages in topics etc. Tell it like it is!
4. Feedback provided on new hubs with suggestions for how they could be improved.
5. Emphasis on improving traffic overall and also re-engaging established writers who are not part of AP.
by DinoMommy20 months ago
Hello,I just started here at HP recently, and so far I'm less than impressed with it overall. I have two other blogs, (one url I own, the other is a wordpress blog) and I wanted to use HP for content that doesn't really...
by Sharilee Swaity2 months ago
I am really not liking the front page of Hubpages these days. When I first click in to HP, I see a list of the five top questions and articles. It usually something about politics or beliefs. First of all, is that what...
by Carolee Samuda5 years ago
Recently there have been a lot of talk of HP in financial trouble, loss of it's Amazon Associate's account, Low traffic and whatever else there might be, whether it be Panda or Yogi bear.Is HP in trouble and will it be...
by Mark Ewbie5 years ago
Actually I am. It will probably get me banned. Hey ho.When Misha left I said nothing.When Ryan left, twice or more – I still said nothing.When the others went… you know the rest.As my favourite...
by Paul Goodman5 years ago
http://www.quantcast.com/hubpages.comNot quite time to get excited yet and the figures are still well down from what they were before the two slaps. But let's hope that it's the beginning of a longer upward trend,...
by TIMETRAVELER214 months ago
At the end of this month, I will have been here at HP for four years. At first it was interesting, challenging and fun. I met so many fantastic people and talented writers and was inspired to learn and grow...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.