jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Please Critique My Hub: Visiting Fort Meyers Beach, Florida

1. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 3 years ago

I wrote a Hub called Visiting Fort Meyers Beach, Florida (see:  http://rocknj.hubpages.com/hub/Visiting … ch-Florida).  I think it's a pretty well written hub that is well researched, accurate, and includes plenty of pictures.  For some reason HubPages keeps removing its "featured status" (in other words, idling this Hub, so it cannot be indexed by Google).  If you have time, please read and critique this Hub, and point out to me why HubPages may be removing its "featured status", and what I can do to improve it. 

This Hub is not getting  alot of search engine traffic, but is that alone a reason to remove its "featured status".  Doesn't the quality of the Hub count for something? 

Any feedback would be appreciated!

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Couple of things to think about:
      -Fort Myers Beach - appears five times in the introduction - could be seen as keyword stuffing. Same goes for the whole hub. I'd keep Fort Meyers Beach in all the headings but try and reduce the other instances of the phrase - you can change many to 'the beach', the resort, it etc.
      -Try adding a map with locations of hotels, restaurants, islands, beaches etc.
      -Make one of your pictures larger - they are great but you're not getting the best out of them - I often put a picture as the very first thing the reader sees.
      -Remove the 'recent hubs' section - one thing that Google don't like is unrelated links - unless your recent hubs relate to travel or something similar you may get penalized.
      -Think about removing some of the amazon ads..

Rock_njposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the idea SimeyC.  I will implement them and see if it helps.

2. Learning in Life profile image93
      Learning in Lifeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ok, I first want to say that I was born and raised in Alva, Florida and grew up spending a lot of time on Fort Myers Beach.

First, you need to make sure you are spelling "Myers" and not "Meyers".

This sentence is very run-on-ish and not an easy read "On the central part of the island, the commercial district, known as Times Square, features a fishing pier and public beach that is also a county run facility called Lynn Hall Memorial Park and the Pier."

You should say "Fort Myers Beach" every time you reference the beach. It gets a little annoying to keep reading that.

You did hit on all of the places to stay and visit that us natives are aware of as being the most popular. My favorite is sipping margaritas on the roof of Lani Kai. I was also married on Sanibel with my honeymoon on Captiva.

The hub seems to me to be something someone planning to travel to the area would like to read. So, maybe you should include some of the places to get the best deals on different attractions.

Rock_njposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the honest critque.  I can't believe I mispelled the name of the town?!?  That certainly can't help with the search engines or the credibility of my article, but you are the first one to point that out to me, so I guess it's easy to miss.  Anyway, I'm glad I hit the high points.  Coming from a local that is reassuring.  I will look into your deals suggestion. 

Thanks Again!