jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

History of the Industrial Workers of the World

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image91
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 8 years ago

Wrote a hub yesterday on the IWW. They were a labor union that was very prominent during the early 20th century, but that has since become obscure; mostly due to government repression during WWI over their economic and political views. It's alot longer with more images and video than any I've done before, so I'd appreciate any feedback I can get:

http://hubpages.com/hub/We-Need-the-Wob … -Than-Ever

Thnx,

Kelly

1. Sufidreamer profile image81
      Sufidreamerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I liked the Hub, Kelly. It is packed with information, and I spent far too long reading it when I should have been working. wink

It might not be for everyone but, for an old unionist like me, it was a great read. I am only on dial-up, so could not watch the videos. sad

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image91
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 8 years ago

Thanks alot Suf

3. Reynolds_Writing profile image86
    Reynolds_Writingposted 8 years ago

I thought it was a great mix of content and eye catching images and videos.

Not sure about having the very large image at the very top. When you first get to the page, some may think it's an ad not readable content. Personally, I'd have text at the top.

Best of luck with your hubs!

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image91
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thnx,

You probably have a point. On one of my other hubs (http://hubpages.com/hub/Typical-Symptom … f-Sciatica), I had a video at the top and, when I sent it to my GF for her opinion, she thouht it was just the video.

I switched the picture to half size and put it on the right of the opening text.

4. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

I went through your Hub and liked it very much. I have given a feedback too as a comment. Have a look

working