Convert Hub to Video Hub to add HubPages hosted video

1. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 3 years ago

I have uploaded a video to my hubpages account, and I would like to add it to one of my hubs, but it will only allow me to add it as a new hub. I tried to upload the video from youtube, but I kept getting a "this video does not exists message. I also tried to use the tool to link directly to my hubpage video link, and that didn't work either.

How am I supposed to upload a video to my hubs if the tools keep rejecting them?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

Some of how we handle HubPages hosted video and 3rd party embedded video is a bit different as you experienced.

The video capsule supports adding external site video, but not HubPages hosted video and only Video Hubs allow HubPages hosted video.

You can convert an existing Hub to a video Hub and in the process add your existing HubPages hosted video to that Hub.

1. brimancandy profile image84
        brimancandyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I added a video hub today. I figured if I could not have the video in a hub I already have, I'll create a hub around the video itself. Now if I can just get my groups to work, I can group my similar hubs together, which might result in more traffic. I upped my hub count by 2 in the last couple days, and the one I created a few days ago is already taking off!