jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Poles

1. ThompsonPen profile image84
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

I would love the ability to post poles on HP without having to write a hub. I think the pole feature would be a good way to get the general vibe of people about an issue, and can be a way of gathering opinion of the public (well, the HubPages public) for opinion pieces, or for general research for hubs.
    Plus, I think it would be a fun way to participate, especially if there were a section after the pole which allows you to explain why you answered what you did.

1. Quilligrapher profile image91
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I once sent my wife to Warsaw to learn how to pole dance.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh, so cute!

1. Quilligrapher profile image91
          Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

My first poll would be a poll about poles. Just saying... big_smile

3. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Noted! Thanks for the recommendation.

For reference, quizzes created using the Quiz Capsule *can* be embedded elsewhere online (though there's no mechanism for sharing them on HubPages). It definitely would be fun to see polls with more functionality, sharing-wise, too.

1. ThompsonPen profile image84
      ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oo fun! I'll look into sharing my quiz capsules in the future smile

4. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 4 years ago

What kind of poles are we talking about here? Stripper poles? North and South poles?

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HubPages is suffering from a dreadful lack of stripper poles.

5. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

I for one would be most concerned if vast numbers of Poles appeared throughout my world!  Though I must admit that I have in the past been somewhat quizzical about a variety of Pole dancing styles.... and... I think that the act of embedding them elsewhere, even virtually, on a whim or otherwise, is most inappropriate to not only New Zealand Poles, but other Polish people throughout the world also!

6. jponiato profile image84
    jponiatoposted 4 years ago

Speaking as a pole, I would resent any attempt to post poles without a supporting hub.

Signed... Joe Poniatowski

1. Pearldiver profile image88
      Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

For Sure...... I would also be a bit concerned about the shape and abrasiveness of the embedding tools they may be considering to use!  sad

7. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago

LOL
    Funniest thread yet  lol

8. Pearldiver profile image88

Down Here near the South Pole.....
    It's currently 2 hours into Doomsday and I would like to report that although we are still here - as in in existence, many Mayan Tour Operators have been seen taking up the 'kissyabuttgoodbye' stance...  smile

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I heard from a very reliable source that it would 'all go down' at 1:00PM Eastern Time - luckily my lunch time is 11:45 to 12:30 so at least I won't be hungry when I die - wonder if the Irish pub down the road will be packed or not?

9. Pearldiver profile image88

Well mate.... Just make sure you blow your tail feathers out of the way B4 you kiss!  If you're going to ass-ume the position, in an Irish Pub.... then expect to have a few betting on ya technique! lol

See ya in the Spring!  smile

10. FatFreddysCat profile image96
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

That reminds me, it's almost time to put up the Festivus Pole. Then it's on to the Airing of Grievances and the Feats of Strength!

1. jponiato profile image84
      jponiatoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Festivus... for the Rest Of Us!

working