jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there a way to tell what I 'sold' on an article?

1. Pat Merewether profile image79
    Pat Merewetherposted 7 years ago

I usually make about between twenty cents and fifty cents per day on hub, but every once in a while it's a lot more - today was $2.39 - so I assume someone clicked on a link and bought something.  Is there a way to find out what link and what they purchased?

I know this is shown on Amazon - I've only sold 2 items, but it's nice to know what they were.

2. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 7 years ago

Adsense only reports your Adsense earnings. You have to go and log in at Amazon to find out if you have made money there.

Some clicks are worth 5c and others are worth $2.50, depending on the topic.

If you have a Hub about money, health, or dating, then a click there is likely to earn you more than $1.

Pets, kids and hobbies, more like 10c.

Supply and demand.

Of course, price is not everything - a Hub on rabbits with 1000 visitors a week will earn more than a Hub on mesothelioma lawyers with 1 visitor a week.

It sounds as though your high-paying Hubs have low traffic and don't get clicks every single day. Your big earning days are the days when someone clicks on a high-paying ad, I would guess.

3. Pat Merewether profile image79
    Pat Merewetherposted 7 years ago

Thanks.  One article that gets the most views is one I wrote about building stuff with popsicle sticks! How weird is that?!  But, if it's the topic, not the views - then I'll have to try to figure out which one was the big winner today and write more of them.

It would be nice if Adsense would at least give us a clue as to what we're selling.  Maybe I sold a Pakistani Bride - those ads seem to pop up on all my posts!

4. johnr54 profile image72
    johnr54posted 7 years ago

The only thing you are selling on Adsense are clicks.  Whether or not someone eventually buys something after that click has no bearing on what you are paid.  So, the direct answer to your question is no, you can't find out what they bought, it's just not part of how you are paid.

Amazon and Ebay work differently, where you are only paid if someone buys something after they click through.