jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Ebay question

1. Suranee1969 profile image85
    Suranee1969posted 3 years ago

Yesterday I discovered an ebay seller has taken the full text from one of my hubs and used it to promote the product their selling. I contacted Ebay and they advised me to download a PDF file, fill it out and then scan it back to them via email.

I would like to know if I can file a DMCA complaint with Google to remove the copied content since I really don't have time to find a scanner since I'm traveling.

Thank you in advance.

1. Nursey profile image61
      Nurseyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You poor thing. Has nobody been able to help you yet? I shouldn't be here at the moment, but ask a hubber with the initials of M.W. if you catch her. She will know exactly what to do. She doesn't like her name being mentioned too much, but you know who I mean, don't you? You poor thing. ♥ ♥ ♥

2. cascoly profile image60
      cascolyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

the DMCA won't help you much -- best to just work thru ebay - they're pretty strict about not copying other peoples' text so you should do ok when you have time

you should be able to do most of this online -- just include the link to your work and the auction that copies it.  one problem wiyth ebay is that they'll only act if the auction is still live, so some scammers purposely run only 1 or 3 day auctions so they can't be caught

1. Suranee1969 profile image85
        Suranee1969posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Cascoly for the helpful information. I will do as you've suggested.