jump to last post 1-40 of 40 discussions (267 posts)

Well, so long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, goodbye...

1. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 3 years ago

I will be leaving you all shortly and wanted to say goodbye. I took the decision a few days ago when I was banned for two days for saying that someone couldn't write. I always knew that the first time I was banned I would be out of here, so it would have happened sooner or later.

No hard feelings.

I learnt a lot. I made some good friends. I learnt a lot about the type of people that I am best at avoiding.

Wish you well. See you around.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You have been a bright spot here-- I'm sure you will do well in your future endeavors.

1. 0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Rochelle Frank. Please stay in touch. I have a strong following on G+ under my real name - Tessa Schlesinger. I look forward to having you there with me as we bring back the things that matter in this life - humility, excellence, integrity, and the ability to be able to accept the truth even when it's not to our liking.

2. Nursey profile image61
      Nurseyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You poor, poor thing. ♥ ♥ ♥

1. SimeyC profile image89
        SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sophia - you will be missed around here - it was nice to have constructive discussions with an intelligent person that didn't end up in name calling big_smile

I wish you luck with all your online and offline endeavors!

1. 0

Thank you Simey C. I have a largish following on G+ under the name Tessa Schlesinger. You can have arguments with me there!

2. joanveronica profile image90
        joanveronicaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Aaaawww! I was just getting to know you! I'll miss you, I actually began to read the forum threads instead of avoiding them, after I found such good dicussions. You have been an important figure, I enjoyed your posts. I wish you all the best, and maybe I'll find you somewhere else. Best of luck!

1. 0

Joan Veronica, I am all over the web. I've been here since 1994 and have built quite a strong place during that time. Just Google Tessa Schlesinger and you'll find me. For my blog, I still write under Sophia Angelique.

Thank you for your support.

3. 0
        Justsilvieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hub pages is reinforcing something I learned early in life. Not everyone will like you and sometimes people will make you react instead of act.  It makes you grow a thicker skin and remember that opinions are like @ssholes everyone has one!

I don’t know you very well Tessa and all of this is really none of  my business, but when it comes to doing something “I” enjoy I could give a rats behind what others say nor would I leave because of it.

However, since you have made a decision I will only say I wish you the best and much success in your future endeavors’.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
          gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HubPages was uniformly enforcing its forum policies regarding no personal attacks in the forum.     The OP was banned as a consequence of initiating the personal attack on a sister hubber on another thread that the sister hubber's writing skills were negligible to say the least even though this hubber's books are published.  Besides this, the hubber in question is an extremely highly educated person with a Ph.D. 

The OP was banned for two days for the less than positive remark, now the OP has hurt feelings and want to leave.  Boo hoo hoo.   There are TWO sides to an argument, not just ONE side.   Please read the other forum thread, Critique For Your Writing, discussing the matter at hand, thank you.

2. 0

Justsilvie. I've been writing and published since 1962 or 1963. Leaving HP is not going to stop me from writing. Google me under Tessa Schlesinger... smile

1. 0

Will do!

2. tammybarnette profile image59
            tammybarnetteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I will be following your writing, you have inspired many engaging forums and thoughts and you will be missed smile

3. 0

GM, not interested in your critique of the situation. The message was for Tessa and a personal opinion... have a good day!

4. tammybarnette profile image59

+1

4. ElSeductor profile image59
        ElSeductorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Please don't leave.  I enjoy your forums and hubs.  sad

1. 0

El Seductor, thank you. If you google me you will see that I continue to write. My books are also available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

5. Melissa A Smith profile image94
        Melissa A Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This thread annoys me. You don't have to make a thread just to collect sympathy from people and enjoy listening to them begging you to stay just so you can explain how superior your writing is in order to console yourself, you know. I was at first in agreement with you, then your self-congratulatory posts began to pile up.  Yuck.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000  spot on!

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
            paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Tough town, the internet... big_smile

2. FatFreddysCat profile image92
          FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Same here.

1. Nursey profile image61

Don't be like that. Sophia Angelique is a real sweetie beneath her hard exterior just like Marisa Wright. And you should treat older hubbers with respect. ♡ ♡ ♡

You crack me up. I am starting to become fond of you. lol

Hello sweetie. I've missed you. ♡ ♡ ♡

We must become one. You damn well better be female...

Sure I am. ♡ ♡ ♡

2. Melissa A Smith profile image94

Then maybe it's time she shows it. I retract my original statement about originally "agreeing with her", I did not see the criticism she made in question, she came off as though she was making an honest critique of someone's work who asked for it. That's clearly not the case, she made an unasked for, uncalled for and vicious remark toward another hubber and I honestly find it ridiculous that she is complaining about being punished for it. That hubber did nothing to her but engage in friendly discourse. It bothers me that she doesn't realize that what she said was not right. Having a lot of success does not give you the right to down grade others. I think she knows that she owes this person an apology but is unwilling to admit to her fault to such an extreme extent that she is 'leaving' because the encounter made her uncomfortable, but not before she makes a 'goodbye' thread to console her conscience. I'd recommend that she just apologize and stay. Or not stay. It really makes no difference to me.

Thank you and amen to you, Melissa.   You read the other thread.    The other hubber did nothing and the OP lit into her without any provocation.   That is why the OP was banned.  The OP is not innocent on all counts.   All actions have consequences, either positive or negative.   If one commits a negative action, one must accept total responsibility and the consequences of such actions.

We shouldn't think like that, Melissa A Smith. These elderly ladies on Hub Pages have so much wisdom to offer us, surely we can forgive their crabbiness.

1. Melissa A Smith profile image94

Nope.

You also forget that a woman with the intelligence of Einstein has a very, very very difficult life. Imagine what it must be like to be in Sophia Angelique's shoes. She encounters only inferior humans day after day. It is frustrating for her. We should look up to her and be grateful that she cares enough to share here magnificent abilities with us. We must be grateful that she even passes the time of day with us. And we must sympathize with her. ♡ ♡ ♡

1. bBerean profile image60
                      bBereanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hmmmm.   Am I the only one beginning to wonder if Sophia is really leaving or just switching to a fresh new persona...with four of her idled hubs?  smile

2. Rafini profile image83
                      Rafiniposted 3 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol LMFAO!!!!!!!!! lol lol lol

3. paradigmsearch profile image90

I am fond of Sophia, but I am always willing to learn. Please post link.

The thread is Critique for your writing.   My computer is unable to post a link.   I have tried several times.   The OP told a sister hubber in no uncertain terms that her writing style possessed neither talent nor rhythm.

Please have more understanding.

Oh, please.  The OP is an adult, not a baby, the OP should be woman enough to participate in fair play with others.    My six year old second cousin plays fairer than the OP and is FAR MORE MATURE.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90

Found it. Scanned it. Paradigmsearch feels meliou(spelling incorrect) and is tired...

Have some sake and order some sumptuous sushi.   After that, listen to some Pavarotti  and you will feel much better.   I am tired too and shall head off to a wondrously deep slumber until tomorrow.

3. 0
          Lybrahposted 3 years ago in reply to this

To be honest, you really don't sound all that nice, who are you to write bad things about others, saying they cannot write?  You're mad because Hubpages is kicking you off?  Sounds like you deserve it.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!!!!   The OP attacked another Hubber and claims innocence!    The issue is being adult enough to admit the wrong, well apparently THAT is NOT going to happen...........hmmmmmmmmm!

6. LiamBean profile image90
        LiamBeanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for letting us know. I've enjoyed reading your articles and will look for you at the two sites mentioned farther down.

You're such a sweetie. ♡ ♡ ♡

7. tirelesstraveler profile image87
        tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I shall miss you.  You have given me a different perspective on several forums.

You are a sweetie! ♡ ♡ ♡

8. nightwork4 profile image59
        nightwork4posted 3 years ago in reply to this

i'm leaving too. i'm tired of the B.S. on here and since it's more of a religious site then anything these days, it isn't for me. the final straw was over the recent school shooting and trying to deal with so-called christians saying that people need more guns and to arm teachers. it is the stupidest idea i have ever hear and between that and all the other absurd religious rants, i'm making the decision to leave. good luck to you in your life Sophia and a merry christmas and happy new year.

1. LiamBean profile image90
          LiamBeanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Jesus would approve the "more guns" fervor. Don't you remember the "guns" and "ammo" miracle. I think it was called "arming the 5,000."

So you're leaving because some people don't agree with you. Anyone else?

3. 59
          whoisitposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Merry christmas?

9. readytoescape profile image61
        readytoescapeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am also outta here…. You can read why here http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/107226

I’m in the process of pulling all my Hubs and republishing on my own site. Nothing but my profile will be left for 2013 and that only to check in on the forums occasionally. I have already de-monetized most all my hubs eliminating all Adsense and HUb Ads and unpublished over 50 articles. 

Good Luck with your future endeavors

1. tammybarnette profile image59

NOOOOOO, everyone is leaving sad I will miss you sad

10. MarleneB profile image96
        MarleneBposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I read your post and had to visit. I don't know you at all, but I can tell from your post that you are a kind person. One thing I have learned is that there are a lot of mean people on the internet - everywhere you go - there they are. Keep your spirits high and never let them have power over you. Lots of love and best wishes to you in all that you do.

11. kathleenkat profile image89
        kathleenkatposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey Sophia-- at least they bothered to tell you why you were banned lol That's more than I've ever gotten.

See you around. I totally get how you feel.

12. rmcrayne profile image94
        rmcrayneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Tessa, having spent time with you at HubCamp in 2010, I must say I found you to be completely different from your online persona.  When you introduced yourself to the group, I recognized your HP name immediately.  I recalled forum posts from your first days at HubPages.  IMO you were a provocative and polarizing presence, which did not impress me favorably.  Based on your forum posts, I was not sure you were someone I would want to get to know.  In person however, you were delightful. 

You remain provocative in the HP forums, yet seem more like the Tessa I met when you are on the Wizzley forums.  Just from my observation, it doesn’t seem like HP brings out the best in you.  At any rate, best of luck.  I’m sure I’ll bump into you from time to time.

1. 0

I wanted to reply to this because I spent a few days thinking about it, wondering why I have had this response to this site. You're right. How I am coming across is not who I am.

I came to the following conclusions.

I have always defended the underdog. For instance, atheists are very much the underdogs in this country, and so, despite the fact that the topic bores me to tears, I find myself in defence of them despite the fact that before I came to the USA I never spoke about it.  I also realized that if there were a minority of Christians on HP and atheists were attacking them, I would defend the Christians. I just don't like the way people attack each other here, and they do.

That said, I joined an atheist community on G+ (just to get away from religion) and was horrified to discover that they were also arguing about religion. I queried that and was promptly asked, "Why have you joined an atheist community if you don't want to talk about reliigion?"

I said, "Not to talk about religion. Nobody in London does."

I was then told that atheists in the USA was a minority that was always attacked and therefore they needed to discuss ways of defending themselves against religion and converting others to atheism.

Well, forgive me, but that was the end of that membership. And I shall never again intervene in that fight. I stand corrected over here. I had no idea that atheists were also interested in discussing this. I have been wrong about this.

That said, I do find a lot deep lack of compassion for the underdog ont his site and it rubs me up the wrong way.

With regard to my comment that someone can't write, I think if you googled the topic, you would find that everybody from JK Rowling to Stephen King. When i was an editor in London for two publishing houses, I was always asked what my opinion was about someone's book or writing ability. I always gave it. It was quite a normal thing to do. It was not considered an attack. I apologize if that's the way it came across.

http://www.examiner.com/article/30-famo … publishers

With all that in mind, the next time I come across a forum where people belittle other people, I will just withdraw myseif from the site. I do attack those who attack others. Part of my nature is that of a warrior. It's the major reason I'm leaving this site, so much so that despite the fact that I will be getting less traffic elsewhere, I prefer to that to having to live with people belittling others.

1. 0
            Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I live in America and I have an abnormal amount of online British friends... all seeming to be Atheists. For some reason they always want to talk about religion (Im a Christian.) There are those who are respectful and kind and those who are, to say the least, unpleasant... they mock and bite and sting... no matter though. I believe what I believe with no doubt whatsoever and they may  believe what they will as well.

I have not found Atheists to be an underdog in America, quite the contrary with Hollywood etc. being so verbal... however I would imagine they are in the minority. Either way, I have the belief that God is God whether any of us believe in Him or not and will share that with anyone who asks my opinion... but I have never treated my British, Atheist friends with anything but respect. Some ppl who call themselves Christians may not be. "They will know we are Christians by our love."

@Sophia
            Hubs and forums are two entirely different things! Don't go killing off your hubs here! That hurts no one but yourself! If you close your account, the very people you despise will have won!

Just ignore HP and the account, excepting for when you drop by to collect your money. Seriously, to do otherwise is just plain self-destructive.

Your friend,

-paradigmsearch

1. SimeyC profile image89
              SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Agreed - if you have hubs performing well on HP then leave them - why punish yourself for others who twist your words or are ingnorant. There are many great people on the forums and a few idiots - the simplest thing to do is simply don't go to the forums!

1. A Driveby Quipper profile image60
                A Driveby Quipperposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, that $3 a month will get you almost a gallon of gas.

2. 0

thank you, PS, but not worth it for me. I do get upset when people are nasty to each other. No amount of money is worth it for me. I will be more at peace when HP is not something I look at. It's associated with nastiness for me. I dont' mean that everybody is nasty. They're not. I've met some really nasty people. However, when people come and post things on my hubs, it spoils my joy. So it just doesn't work for me.

Then global shutoff the comments @ http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/comments

If you don't want to do that, then instruct HP to give me your account.

Follow up.

Goodness knows I can use the money...

1. 0

I hardly earn anything. Not worth it. Just over $50 currently for the month.

I'll say it again. If you don't want the free $600 a year, I'll take it. smile

13. mio cid profile image66
        mio cidposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Can you explain the incident ,because I have no idea, but why would you leave hp? i don't understand

3. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 3 years ago

So long, Sophia.  Good luck with finding what you are searching for and any happiness that may come with it.

4. weekend profile image60
      weekendposted 3 years ago

"... I was banned for two days for saying that someone couldn't write."

Rather a case of the kettle calling the pot black!

1. 0

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7488245_f248.jpg

smile

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image87
          Healthy Pursuitsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Found you on Wizzley. And am following you there.

2. gmwilliams profile image85

NOW, that's RICH!  The truth shall set one free.   Someone else made an astute observation also!

1. 0

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7489415_f248.jpg

5. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 3 years ago

Best of luck! You'll be missed.

1. 0

Habee, thank you. People forget quickly. In the meantime, I've got a publisher that has emailed me three times about a book I'm doing and they've been waiting for 18 months and I need to get on with it. I've kept on thinking that I don't want to do it because I'm publicity shy but my sister has been speaking to me so I'm going to go for it. Also, I'm at Wizzley and I won three editor choice awards for my first 15 articles plus am one of 17 writers that got 100% with an award for excellent writing. One gets awards there for merit not for luck or friends, etc. I like the owner. He is really nice. So I'm going to focus there. My blogs are also beginning to pick up  I do better when I'm rewarded for excellent work rather than for excellent social skills. I'm task orientated not people orientated. Luck of the draw/genes.

Huffingpost Live has also now approached me twice so, at some point, I'll be on that.

Thank you for your friendship and support. I've much appreciated it. smile I wish you well. smile

1. habee profile image90
          habeeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have no doubt at all that you'll bloom wherever you're planted. Interesting point about being task oriented instead of being people oriented. I'm definitely people oriented, although I really love to write.

1. 0

Habee, it's unusual, but the exception to the rule proves the rule, doesn't it?

2. 0
          Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ah, Tess.  I hate to see this happen.  I wish you ALL the best, and plan to keep track as best I can through Google+.  You have had one helluva year, my friend.  I have nothing but high hopes for you in 2013.  Please do keep in touch, and know that you will indeed be missed.  Some people forget quickly, but you're not really a forgettable person.

big_smile

Best wishes on this next leg of the journey!

1. 0

"Some people forget quickly, but you're not really a forgettable person."

Thank you Motown. I have a gutfeel it's time for me to move on. I can feel the energy in the air... Sounds stupid, I know, but it really is time to move! wink

3. rmcrayne profile image94
          rmcrayneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I haven’t “broken the code” at Wizzley.  I’m unconvinced of their merit-based system.  Granted I’ve only posted 7 articles, but after 10 months, my ranking is only 25%.  darkside, at one year and 8 articles, has a ranking of 33%.  I’ve been awarded multiple accolades for specific articles at both HubPages and Zujava, so I don’t think the problem is the quality of my writing (though Sophia may argue this point).  Also, as already alluded to on this thread, Wizzley (nor Zujava) have the traffic juice of HP.

6. Mighty Mom profile image90
      Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

Trying to be philosophical about this.
      Sometimes fate has a way of kicking us in the behind. Once we get on the other side of that door, it's ALWAYS better and we wonder why we didn't do it sooner.
      smile
      I will miss your unique perspective and thoughtful threads.
      Sad to see another strong voice silenced.
      I would say strong female voice, but that's redundant (and goes without saying).
      Wishing you as much fame and fortune as you can reasonably stand.
      Best,
      MM

1. 0

Thank you Mighty Mom. I think the one thing that thousands of voices on G+ taught me is that there is space for honesty, excellence, and integrity. And there are times one closes doors behind one so that another door can be opened. It would also be remiss of me not to acknowledge that those of you who supported me here made me grow and spread my wings, and I am better because of it. smile

Thank you. I owe you, and I'll always remember you. smile

7. Dame Scribe profile image60
      Dame Scribeposted 3 years ago

I wish you all the best Sophia smile we do outgrow the current state for higher planes. Have fun while you're out there  big_smile and stay in touch.

1. 0

I think that's true and while I've had a gutful of the nastiness and ignorance of some people here, it's also true that I have grown and become the person I am because there are some excellent writers and wonderful, wonderful people here. I truly speak from the heart when I say that I would not be the person I am today if I had not journeyed here first.

Thank you. smile

8. fpherj48 profile image79
      fpherj48posted 3 years ago

I really do not like seeing this happen....and it seems to occur frequently here.  I am curious, though, some individuals are banned for a particular "offense," that we can clearly see have been exhibited by other writers.  Is it that many others are simply not "noticed" and slide under the radar?  This is highly unfair. 
      Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise for you and it appears this is the positive stance you are taking.  I have not ever visited Wizzley, but intend to, now that you have brought it to my attention.
      Sophia, there are so many very shabby writers here.....quite honestly, to the point of illiterate.  It is mind-boggling to me, how or why HP powers would allow this to go on.  I have flagged hubs for this very reason, adding clear, factual explanations.  Never have I seen action taken, to correct this. I don't bother any more.  If HP doesn't care about the overall quality of their web site, I surely won't waste my time nor concern.
      A veteran hubber recently told me that if and when we are vocal about the blatant lack of writing skills of a hubber, we cannot and must not mention them specifically by name. 
      What this tells me is that if no one points out the atrocious grammar, etc. used by a poor writer, the vast majority of us would not recognize the issue?  Quite an insult, wouldn't you say?
      All of this aside....I wish you luck and hope you will be happy in your future endeavors.....Peace.

1. 0

fpherj48, I was anticipating it. I knew that I would be banned for saying it. No worries. The bottom line is that with thousands of followers, 5 stars for my books, being asked to write another film script, Huffington Post Live being interested in my talking, becoming a top writer for Wizzley, and more, I had places to go and people to see.

The problem with saying that there are too many people on hp can't write, is that everybody thinks it's someone else - not them. It's also true that, as a past editor for two London publishers, and a publication record that goes back 50 years, I have the credibility to say that someone can't write.

Don't worry about it. There's still a lot to learn here, and there are some wonderful people here. HP has simply made a business decision that quantity makes them more money than quality. That's their perogative and I think they know what's good for their business. They're certainly well ahead of Wizzley which takes a quality over quantity view. For every 10,000 hits I get here, on Wizzley I will get 2500. I just would prefer as I move on to have quality linked to my name. I can't get that here because it is not recognized. There it is. smile

Thank you for your kind words. They are much appreciated. And remember, this is still a good place. Just time for me to move on...

9. iguidenetwork profile image59
      iguidenetworkposted 3 years ago

Aaaaaawwww... We wish to see you back here soon..

1. 0

No. Moving on, but thank you. smile

10. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 3 years ago

Take Care and may you achieve all your personal and writing goals in 2013...  smile
      btw.. 'Real People' never forget real people!

All the best... write a storm - a real one!  smile

1. 0

PD - I love that real people line! smile

2. 0

I sure intend to! For me, the time has come... smile Inside something has changed. I think I finally understand that I cannot be friends with everybody and that my voice is appreciated by some. smile

11. Waldo Numbly profile image60
      Waldo Numblyposted 3 years ago

Wait, come back, I didn't get a chance to know you.

12. ocbill profile image74
      ocbillposted 3 years ago

I support your decision and can empathize.

1. 0

Thank you. smile

13. Waldo Numbly profile image60
      Waldo Numblyposted 3 years ago

I'm still learning about this hub site.  Is it part of the culture here to critique writing?  I am involved in a writer's group and we constructively critique each others' writing.  But of course that is the reason the group was formed.  Is this site concerned with content or writing skills?  I am often more concerned with content; people can be quite venomous and rude these days.

1. 0

Waldo Numbly, when I made the comment, it was about writing groups that met to critque other people's writing. It had nothing to do with writer's on HP.

Here's the thing - a wannabe writer has no capacity to tell you what is wrong with your writing. If they're published, they don't need to be there, and in my 50 years of being published, I have never had anyone critique my writing before I sent. I wrote it and, invariably, it was published verbatim.  My late father did the same thing. My daughter is also an awesome writer, and she most certainly doesn't bother with critique.

If you want feedback on your writing, I've written an article on my blog, spice of writing, that will explain to you that the only feedback that matters is from readers you don't know.

Let me give you an example. In about 2000, I wrote an ad for match.com. I didn't put a picture up becasue my looks always get me the kind of attention I don't enjoy. The title was, "Black widow wants mate." I had somewhere between 1000 and 1500 replies and every single one of them started off with the words "You must be a writer to be able to write like that." Well, similar words to that. What I'm saying is that just as one doesn't have to be able to sing in order to recognize when someone can sing, so, when you can write, you'll never stop hearing about it, because everytime someone reads you, they will immediately tell you...

I wish you well. I wrote Spice of Writing for emerging writers and it's pretty solid. You can learn from there.

14. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
      LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago

Sophia, if I may, have you been successful on HP? Has your presence here helped you in some sort of meaningful way? Have you gotten to know some wonderful writers?  If the answer is yes, then why not take your banning as food for thought and stay. Everyone makes mistakes and I'm sure that perhaps staff may have done so in your case. Keep going forward with your other endeavors but continue here as a way of at least getting to know others and offering those than don't know you the honor of your presence. At the very least ,keeping a presence on HP lets your articles gather ranking, more links etc. My two cents worth and I hope you don't take offense to my humble suggestions........hmm

1. 0

LuisEGonzalez, thank you, but I can't stay. I'm spreading myself too thinly. smile As I said, I knew that someone who didn't like me would immediately use it as an opportunity to ban me, and I also knew that the first time I was banned for saying something or doing something would be the last time. So I did know what the consequences would be. I also thought it was about time someone started pointing out just how many people can't write. Academic books are horrific these days because most people who are writing them can't write. That wasn't so 40 years ago. I used to read my school text books for fun because they made great reading. They were well written. If you read Jamie Whyte, a past professor of Cambridge University in England (equivalent to Harvard and Yale here), he wrote a book called Crimes Against Logic where he discussed this.

I'm not sure what you mean by successful. Sure there have been times when I have reached spot number 99, and there have been hubs that have had 80/90,000 hits in a few months, but the most I've ever earned is $180 for the month, and for the most part, I earn between $25 and $30 per month.  None of this has ever been acknowledged because HP caters to popularity - not to excellence. That is apparent from the numerous excellent writers here who are not acknowledged and the ones who are acknowledged but cannot write to save their lives but have great capacity to make friends and influence people. Those are the people who have made HP the successful site it is. And make no mistake, HP is successful.

I prefer to associate myself with excellence as this is where my future lies. I will miss you. You've always been good to me. smile

You can follow me on Wizzley or G+ or one of my blogs, if you like. smile

15. Rebecca E. profile image86
      Rebecca E.posted 3 years ago

I will miss you here.  Keep in touch

1. 0

Rebecca E. I am removing all my hubs and transferring them. I have spoken to HP about this and they have been incredbily kind in understanding my situation and allowing me to do that. So once I'm gone, I'm gone. However, as I've said, I'm all over the web - easy to find! I hope to see you elsewhere... smile

1. Rebecca E. profile image86
          Rebecca E.posted 3 years ago in reply to this

found you already! great to keep in touch.

1. 0

Just added you! smile

2. EmpressFelicity profile image84
          EmpressFelicityposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Did something change? I always understood you could just take 'em down and move them, without asking anyone's permission.

1. 0

I wasn't sure. I just asked and they said it was okay. I didn't know. Anyway, I think it's just manners to tell people who have been hosting one. They've been good to me in many ways. I'm not always the most polite person.

16. Paraglider profile image90
      Paragliderposted 3 years ago

Sophia - I've often had cause to admire your writing and your judgement on many issues.

Good luck will follow you smile

1. 0

Thank you Paraglider. Your kind words are both valued and appreciated. smile

17. austinhealy profile image84
      austinhealyposted 3 years ago

Hello Sophia,
      I hope you are fully aware, from the number of comments already written in response to your posting, that nobody here wants you to go, and I am saddened to have to join their ranks. The terrible thing in this life is everydody wants the most freedom possible for themselves while trying very hard to restrict it for others. I certainly don't see the point for you getting banned for the reasons invoked. It's always a sad moment to see a writer leave Hubpages, especially a talented one. Of course you will do well in other venues, but that's not the point here. You just won't be part of this community anymore, and that is where the sense of loss will be felt. Censorship and the art of writing never went together well and from that point of view you are making the right decision. From exchanges in the forums, I will remember you fondly, and I sincerely wish you the very best of luck in your future ventures.

1. 0

AustinHealy. Thank you. I'm deeply touched. In a way, I have to go. One only flourishes here if one is able to interact with the lowest common denominator. I can't do that. It's not who I am. For me, this isn't about freedom. It's about ethics. Ethics are about the greatest good for the greatest number fo the longest duration of time, and it's never for the greatest good to promote what is not good above that which is.

I read something thought provoking the other day - that writers were thinkers, and because thinkers were rare, so were writers. If you look at my reviews, you will see that I have a reputation for making people think. That is what I do. Unhappily, when people cannot accept something that gets at a fragile ego, it becomes unpleasant to be who one is. 

<link snipped>

Fortunately, I am appreciated elsewhere.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image84

Oh come on! LOL

It's comments like this which explain why you get a less than cordial reaction on here sometimes. They just make you come off as being self-pitying and entitled.

Empress, YOU ARE DEFINITELY A PERSON AFTER MY OWN HEART.  KUDOS TO YOU!

1. 0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7490068_f248.jpg

2. 0

Empress Facility, let me explain that to you.

I suppose I could brown nose with the best of them; I just chose not to.

Why do I persist in saying things that would get me a 'a less than cordial reaction on here sometimes.'

Because the gain, in the longer term, is far greater than the loss. I might lose the battle sometimes, but I always win the war. smile

I just couldn't resist:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6900996608/h020D8EA2/

No, I'd say it's because you enjoy the attention.

OOOUUUUUCCCCH!

It's amazing what you can find on Google images isn't it lol

Uh hmmmmm.  Empress, let's be nice now.   It is Christmas season and we want our presents don't we?!  However, on a more serious note, what goes around, definitely comes around.   Empress, some people can critique others; however, when THEY are critiqued, they cry foul play!

2. 0

Last word. And you, my dear, have been educated past your intelligence. It's very common these days.

Want to have a friendly talk before you go? I am here. smile

2. Castlepaloma profile image23
                  Castlepalomaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Enjoyed your time here Sophia

Maybe just go away for wail, then come back. A lot more people want you here including myself rather than let a few odd crabby people that tear you away.

To those crabby people, have a crabby day.

3. 0
            Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wonder if this insult will be recorded?

18. FatFreddysCat profile image92
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

(Bart Simpson voice) OUCH, maaaaaan!

1. 0

Sorry, but he old saying is that the truth hurts, and I am big enough and strong enough to be able to take negative criticism. I also know the difference between malice and solid input - even if it hurts. I'm a big girl, but then, us, South Africans are. smile

19. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Sophia,

I live less than 100 miles from you. If you leave HP, I will have to find some other way to stalk you. I just thought I would give you fair warning. big_smile

- paradigmsearch

20. 0
      Sooner28posted 3 years ago

I'm sorry to see you go.  I will miss you.

I can also say, I would not report anyone for insulting me.  That's just my opinion though.

21. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 3 years ago

Guys and girls, I'm out of here. I will just slowly be removing my hubs over the next week or so. Then I guess I'll still be a member until I get my last pay. Then I'm gone.

I truly do not want to part of anymore mudslinging and it seems that gmwilliams really has a thing about me. That he doesn't get banned for his many pointed remarks is indicative of the fact that he is highly favored - and that's okay. People have different tastes.

Please feel free to email me. My email is on my front page, but as I've said numerous times, all you have to do is google my name...

One last word...

As we work for a more equitable and fairer world, it is good to understand that while some people have greater ability than others, that doesn't mean that they are any better than others, and it doesn't mean that those who have lesser ability are worse than others. A soft and kind heart is far superior to the heart of a cold and callous millionaire. A ruthless scientist creating food that poisons the masses is not better than a man who barely passed 4th grade and grows healthy veggies for his neighbors. There are things that matter in this life, and they are humility, generosity of spirit, integrity, kindness, and wisdom.

Thank you once again to my many followers and those wonderful people who supported me.

En Avant!

22. Nursey profile image61
      Nurseyposted 3 years ago

I so hoped an older hubber like Sophia Angelique or Marisa Wright would take a new hubber like me under her wing and show me the ropes. But these women are being driven away from Hub Pages like you bat away an annoying fly. It is so very, very sad. ♡ ♡ ♡

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
        Rosie2010posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nursey, you crack me up!  Stop the reference to "older" or "elderly" hubber... I can't stop laughing.  It is so very, very funny.  smile

1. janshares profile image87
          jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ditto, and I don't even know what's going on. I just keep following Nursey's comments and LMAO. Lord!  You are off the hook!!!!
          (Sorry, Sophia for being off point. Good Luck.)

23. peeples profile image89
      peeplesposted 3 years ago

Sophia I will be sad to see you go. While we don't interact much, when we do, I always find you to be informed and accepting. I have about run my course here as well. I no longer post more than a hub here and there and have moved half of my writings already. I hope you will consider sticking around and remembering that forums are full of opinions. Some get us in trouble. Take care.

24. EmpressFelicity profile image84
      EmpressFelicityposted 3 years ago

This thread is surreal in the extreme, and is even funnier after a couple of vodkas. "Educated beyond my intelligence" - my arse lol

Empress, to reiterate, I have a six year old second cousin who knows how to participate in fair play and she is FAR MORE MATURE than the OP who is going on 4 while my cousin is 6 going on 24.   This thread is a blast, really.    Remember what happens to the mean girls?

Heard of the film, but never watched it.

Please have understanding. ♡ ♡ ♡

IzzyM, is that you? Say it ain't so!

If only I could be Izzy M just to get a foot on the rung. Then I can progress to become the new Marisa Wright! Wouldn't that be wonderous! ♡ ♡ ♡

1. janshares profile image87
              jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

LOL, LOL, LOL, lol. Stop it! I love Marisa, she's one of my mentors here on hp.

25. Rain Defence profile image95
      Rain Defenceposted 3 years ago via iphone

OP goodbye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Nursey are you for real? You come across like a sycophantic teenage girl.

Rain, give me high five.   Couldn't have said it more succinctly.   Good bye and good riddance to the OP!   As I am typing this, I am reminded of a song from THE WIZARD OF OZ!

1. 0

gmwilliams, you are a person with class.  If you have differences of opinion with the OP, I understand, but this back and forth snarkiness is beneath you, and you know it.  If she chooses to leave, let her do so in peace, but don't display the type of attitude that you're condemning.  I know you're better than that.  Let everyone else know too.  smile

Bless you, Motown2Chitown, that is why I like you so much.    Read the other thread that Melissa posted a link to where the OP attacked another hubber as having no writing talent nor rhythm.

1. 0

I did.  While it may have sounded harsh to some, I don't believe that Tessa intended for it to be an insult so much as an honest criticism.  We all tend to be ultra-sensitive about criticism, even when it's geared toward helping us improve something.  I do not defend it if was intended to insult anyone, BUT, you and I both know that the best thing to do with an unwarranted insult is to simply ignore it.  What others think of us (or our work) is unimportant.  It's what we think that matters.  In the end, Tessa's chosen to leave, so ultimately, it's not as though it will happen again.  She is taking her form of the high road.  We should all take ours as well and bury the issue.  It will help us restore peace to our community and help us all move forward.

Plus, I have a great deal of respect for each and every person who honestly and in good faith chooses to participate in this community.  I hate to see us beating up on each other.  There's enough of that happening everywhere else in the world.

smile

If you can tolerate her comments you can tolerate GMs.

1. 0

I tolerate everyone's comments, Melissa.  As I said, I have a great deal of respect for my fellow hubbers.  I also have no dog in this imagined fight.  I just know that what this forum has degenerated into is something that gmwilliams doesn't generally tolerate herself.

I also know that psycheskinner is a hubber who can take care of him/herself.  While I am sure everyone jumping to his/her defense is appreciated, it's also unnecessary.

You are a sweetie! ♡ ♡ ♡

1. 0

Thanks.

I would 100% appreciate defense if I received a comment like that, if only to prove to me that sanity still exists among the population. Perhaps I'm overly sensitive.

1. 0

Nah.  It's perfectly reasonable for you - or anyone else - to feel that way when you feel like you've been insulted.  I probably would too.  In fact, in my time here in the forums, I've taken some things to heart and felt offended.  If I stand back for a bit, though, I generally see it as more innocuous that it may have seemed the first time around.  It helps to know the personality of the person you're dealing with too.  Tessa is very plain spoken.  She doesn't generally attempt to soften her language when commenting on things.  It may come across that she is abrupt or impolite, but that is not generally, in my experience, what she intends.

smile

Do you think so? No. I just care about these poor, abused hubbers. I want to make their lives a happier experience. One of them said she is going to give me 4 idled hubs for my kindness. Stop being so cruel to these poor women and show some respect. ♡ ♡ ♡

26. 0
      Sooner28posted 3 years ago

It is amusing that academic writing is considered dense and unapproachable in many cases, yet somehow people seem to think this is an unwarranted criticism.  I must wonder if those who defend general academic writing have ever read a textbook. 

In addition, George Orwell, in his essay Politics and the English Language, singled out a professor as an example of bad writing.  I think that larger point about academia, while not focusing on any particular person, is valid.  This isn't to say there aren't academics who can write elegant prose; it just means there are certain negative writing tendencies.  Being a bad writer also doesn't necessarily mean one has bad ideas; it just means those ideas are much more difficult for the reader to understand.

One of the people I work with in our writing lab is currently editing something for a dentist, who has a Ph.D, and his writing looks like that of a high school freshmen.  There is no guarantee that having an advanced education ensures the ability to write.  Academic writing, in many cases, seems to believe that the more verbose and pedantic one can be, the better the writing! 

For example, what if I described academic writing as sesquipedalian?  I think it would be a needless word, because most readers wouldn't even know what it meant.  It would only be helpful if it was used at an attention grabber to alert people to their lack of conciseness (does wordiness or lack of conciseness sound better?).  Maybe if I were writing for an audience of academics though...tongue

1. 0

I agree, Sooner, that Tessa may have been trying to make a larger point than was recognized.  And I agree with you about academic writing.  There is a hubber here who writes sensational historical hubs, and I've many times told him that he should consider writing textbooks.  His style and prose make the whole subject exciting and lively - just what textbooks tend to fail to do.

1. 0
          Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I hated most of my textbooks in college.  Not all of them were examples of "bad" writing; it was just downright boring at times.  Here are the facts, and the definitions our discipline uses, and some studies.  Blah blah blah.  While that information is important, writing that isn't alive just isn't helpful in inspiring students to learn or study the particular subject in any sort of depth.

I don't know who the hubber is you are talking about who writes historical hubs, but if he is able to make it enjoyable and informative, he should sign on as a textbook writer/editor asap.

1. 0

It's this lovely gentleman right here:

http://alastar-packer.hubpages.com/

He's also a pretty stand up guy. 

smile

And you're right, even technical writing can be made a bit more interesting if the writer has some sense of style.

Marisa Wright's hubs are also very lively. I read a lot of them today.

2. Alastar Packer profile image83
              Alastar Packerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Aw Mo, I haven't blushed in a long time - sweet gal U better stick around HP cause it would be a great deal less a place without you. Haven't met the OP but maybe Sophia could reconsider now - this seems to be maybe the most popular thread goin' at the moment and it's no wonder.

1. 0

Alastar, you're such a sweet talker!  Thanks for the kind words.  I'm pretty sure Tessa's got her mind made up.  Makes me sad to see her go, but she's got lots of irons in the fire, and I'm sure she'll be successful. 

big_smile

I'd hug you too, but they don't have the hug smiley available!

1. Alastar Packer profile image83
                  Alastar Packerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

True, all true. Life and people don't need any embellishing, especially for you. Checked Tessa's site and she's obviously a brilliant lady, be no shame at all in reconsidering but do wish her well if its irrevocable.big_smile

27. sunforged profile image64
      sunforgedposted 3 years ago

Wow, when did the HP forums get "interesting" again?

I'm enjoying this, the only thing that could possibly make this better is if you could add ( purely theoretical of course) some rampant and obvious trolling with the intent to curry favor with the masses , perhaps add a bat sh*t insane "Author" who has convinced themselves that they are the second coming of Samuel Clemens (it would be delightfully ironic if they could also possibly open their rants with famous Clemens quotes - misquoted). We have so many excellent creative writers here - could someone possibly draft a longer story that includes these impossible characters? I say impossible, because such a character would never be able to actually write anything as their eyes would be too clogged with peritoneum to compose anything but the most juvenile of tessellated sentence fragments.

I think that would make a great story.

To try and bring my hypothetical situation to life, I will also misquote a famous author.

(Sometimes) "Be Yourself" is about the worst advice you can give to people.

..unfortunately the illness is chronic and often lifelong

1. 0

This is great.

Have I curried sufficient favor that I may stop my trolling and get some rest?

2. SmartAndFun profile image92
        SmartAndFunposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Forum post of the day right there. lol

Sunforged FTW

lol lol lol lol

Sunforged won the internets today lol.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wasn't going to reply to this 'goodbye' thread, but I have to give this one a +.

I wish Sophia well, but come on... you need to come down off your perch, OP, and do a spell/grammar check on your hubs.  Critiquing should be left to professionals, and for those that ask.

Bon Chance ~

28. paradigmsearch profile image90

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6010615_177.jpghttp://s4.hubimg.com/u/6010615_177.jpghttp://s4.hubimg.com/u/6010615_177.jpghttp://s4.hubimg.com/u/6010615_177.jpg

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ah so it was YOU, paradigmsearch!    How have you managed to keep your love secret for so long?

You have grown on me over time... big_smile

Hang in there. smile

I know she also loves you. It is not unrequited. You are both such sweeties. So glad you have found each other. It's almost like one of the romances you have written about Marisa. ♡ ♡ ♡

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7391131_177.jpghttp://s4.hubimg.com/u/7391131_177.jpghttp://s4.hubimg.com/u/7391131_177.jpghttp://s4.hubimg.com/u/7391131_177.jpg
              My pulse rate quickens...

1. Marisa Wright profile image92

We've only just discovered our love for each other, and already you're cheating on me?  Enough!

Let us share. ♡ ♡ ♡

Ooooh! How lovely! And just for me! You are such a sweetie! ♡ ♡ ♡

2. Marisa Wright profile image92

You guessed it, there's something about that mysterious green eye that's weirdly mesmerising...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6998161_177.jpghttp://s2.hubimg.com/u/6998161_177.jpghttp://s2.hubimg.com/u/6998161_177.jpghttp://s2.hubimg.com/u/6998161_177.jpg

That is really very, very interesting. ♡ ♡ ♡

These forums are so dead... I think I'll scrounge around for a youtube video...

Yes! They have lots on youtube! ♡ ♡ ♡

What a beautiful picture. Can I use this on a hub? I know how you are about photos Marisa, I have read nearly all of your hubs. ♡ ♡ ♡

29. Nursey profile image61
      Nurseyposted 3 years ago

Marisa is such a sweetie. How nice of her to come and talk to us. ♡ ♡ ♡

30. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago

Life's too short for this kind of crap.

75 years is NOT short.

1. wilderness profile image97
          wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

lol  I have to agree with you there.  I've not reached that yet, but neither am I far from it.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92

Wait till you get into your fifties, then 75 seems terrifyingly short.

1. habee profile image90

I agree.

You young squirts have no idea.  Just wait....

1. habee profile image90

You're older than I am, huh? My hubby is 11 years my senior.

31. paradigmsearch profile image90

Well, I see this thread is still moving right along... big_smile

Yes, but where is the troll?  I'm kind of missing the insipid yet rather nasty little digs and comments. big_smile

1. SmartAndFun profile image92
          SmartAndFunposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I miss the troll too -- what a dear sweetie ♥♥♥!  I see people complaining about trolls all the time, but if you just sit back read without reacting or replying they are actually quite funny and entertaining.

1. tammybarnette profile image59

lol

32. sunforged profile image64
      sunforgedposted 3 years ago
      1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Holy smoke, Josh, I hit that link, and immediately it was suggested that I go to another forum link, and then I had to go to another....and then I jumped off the roller coaster....and ....I'm being treated for PTSD.

33. Deborah Brooks profile image37
      Deborah Brooksposted 3 years ago

I am so sorry this has happened to you.. I hope you can come back.. The hub is like family to me and like family we do have our  squabbles... Many blessings to you..
      Debbie

34. Rafini profile image83
      Rafiniposted 3 years ago

Can't say I'm happy you're leaving, can't say I'm sad either.  But I can say I've enjoyed arguing with you...you are one who kept me on my toes, made me feel young again.  ( big_smile ) Nobody else (besides my ex-husband) has ever been able to ruffle my feathers as you have - my brain needed the workout and for that I thank you.  Also, arguing with you helped me heal.  Thank you.

35. TheLady111 profile image41
      TheLady111posted 3 years ago

lol

36. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 years ago

Why get so upset over a little forum ban?

1. 0

I'm not upset about the forum bans - that's like water off a ducks back. Besides that, I was curious as to what would get one banned. The fact that I correctly anticipated exactly which posts would get me banned, indicated that I have a fair idea of what gets people banned.

Essentially, one gets banned if one hurts the pride (feelings) of someone who is popular. If someone hurts the pride (feelings) of someone who is unpopular, then they don't get banned. It's that simple. Same as all other office politics.

And I might get banned for saying the above as well. Except, of course, by saying it, the person who is doing the banning will want to prove how wrong I am, so may select not to ban me... Games.

I decided months ago to leave because I don't like the nastiness on the forums. It just took me time to get around to it.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
          Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 years ago in reply to this

True enough....loads of this site's activities are ...popularity contests for sure.

37. A Driveby Quipper profile image60
      A Driveby Quipperposted 3 years ago

Tell me about it.

38. DrMark1961 profile image91
      DrMark1961posted 3 years ago

I have not followed this thread but unfortunately it keeps appearing in my feed. I thought the OP had threatened (actually, that should be PROMISED) to go elsewhere about 10 days ago, but she continues to post and keep this thread active.

Seriously. I wish this would stop popping up and annoying me.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can block it in your feed.

Ok, I just 'hid' it.

39. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 3 years ago

We're seeing some really nasty comments coming out now.
      Says more about the posters than anything else.
      Some people just can't let sleeping dogs lie, and have to go on and on, and I don't mean the OP.

I don't see any "nasty" recent comments whatsoever.

2. DrMark1961 profile image91
        DrMark1961posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Izzy I am tired of all of the comments on this thread. I would just like it to go away.Hiding it does not work.
        You dont mean the OP, but she has been saying goodbye for 10 days?

She couldn't possibly have been referring to us Dr.Mark. I got a talking to by a few people defending the OP for making rather malicious comments that have resulted in her temporary ban (and this led to her 'leaving'). If they could accept comments like those, then certainly no one could take offense to us saying 'this thread is going on too long' and that it is annoying. I'm still trying to locate the comments IzzyM was referring to.

2. IzzyM profile image85
          IzzyMposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The OP left the thread 10 days ago, on page 4 to be exact.

While she had intended to just take her hubs down and go, her few remaining hubs suddenly started getting thousands of daily hits.

No-one in their right mind takes winning hubs down!

But you will note this thread went on and on and on, with some of the comments getting more vitriolic as time went by.

Sophia returned to the thread only today. Let's assume her mailbox also got filled up with stuff. Some comments have been very hurtful. The gang mentality is alive and well on HP.

Look at this thread - 13 pages and counting!

Maybe HP should close the thread? That'll then be the end of it.

1. 59

If she was leaving then wouldn't she have left? Coming back isn't leaving.

1. readytoescape profile image61
              readytoescapeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Depends on what you consider “leaving.” For me I unpublished all but one hub, disabling and demonetizing both adsense and the hub ads program. I left one hub in place to keep the account active until I’m paid what has already been earned, then I’m closing the account.

I am in the process of moving all my articles and their revenue generation (without the “sharing” BS) to my own sites, which are already receiving more hits than they ever got here. Google seems to enjoy removing the Hubpages tags.

1. A Driveby Quipper profile image60
                A Driveby Quipperposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hello! Set up your own Amazon sales, and like that, too.

2. 59

Are you saying I joined a sinking ship?

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
                  Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

whoisit, I am doing fine here. Don't listen to just negativity.

1. IzzyM profile image85

Whoisit thrives on negativity.

Takes all sorts really.

1. tussin profile image61
                      tussinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ooh ooh, am I too late to join in the posturing and negativity?  I think the best part of this thread when when Countess von Tessa Angelique Sophia who goes to the movies with princesses countered an attack on her own writing skillz by linking to her *cough cough choking down laughter* Wizzley profile *cough cough paroxism of chortling* ..... *tussin dies of laughter*

"No-one in their right mind takes winning hubs down!"

Yet, a few hours ago, she proclaimed her hubs have "only" made about $50 this month.

1. IzzyM profile image85

She probably meant they only made that in the last few days.

Why does it concern you?

Honestly this whole hubs bit can make enemies of friends.

I know from experience that any hub that can garner thousands views within days is worth hanging on to.

Hubbers, you, me, your Auntie Mary if she is a hubber too, are all in this together.

Try not to post disquiet, we are supposed to be as one.

Everyone is allowed a voice, all the same smile

You're asking me why it concerns me? The only thing I said around here is that I have no respect for this person's 'cause' and attitude and I don't appreciate seeing this in my feed repeatedly. You appear rather invested in addressing things for her. Maybe I'm missing something.

40. Ddraigcoch profile image82
      Ddraigcochposted 3 years ago

Why are people bickering? Either wish Sophia on her way or leave it! Some seem to think it makes them popular to snipe and seem sarcastic, it is quite the opposite!

1. Sally's Trove profile image97
        Sally's Troveposted 3 years ago in reply to this

At the same time, Sophia has been hanging out here for an amount of time some would consider peculiar, given her announcement to leave. Thus the sniping and sarcasm.

I wish Sophia well...I've enjoyed her presence here. But I would be one to cut the ties and move on, once stated. Just sayin'.

1. Ddraigcoch profile image82
          Ddraigcochposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That I can understand, yet we have all seen the kind of behaviour that keeps most out of these forums and that doesn't seem right.
          There is a genuine fear for newbies to post in this forum because of the back biting.

Every forum seems to have its own set of 'social dynamics'. I'm rather new here so I don't know how things work. I just call things as I see them. I don't see any sarcasm.

41. stclairjack profile image80
      stclairjackposted 3 years ago

here here!,.... close the ugly mess!,... this thread serves no purpose other than promoting itself

I read your profile.

And reread it again. I like it. smile

1. IzzyM profile image85

You are a flirt! lol

Love you IzzyM.