jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Questions about account

1. Froggy213 profile image37
    Froggy213posted 4 years ago

My wife(Lastheart) and I have noticed a very odd thing. She hadn't signed in since 12/18?? and it says last seen 10 seconds ago without her signing in. I had signed in once earlier today and just a little while ago and it says last seen 45 hours ago.

What gives????

I also am wondering why the inconsistenty with hub views in ebay vs hubpages program. This has bothered me quite a bit and I finally must confront it.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I noticed the account changed passwords 15 hours ago.  So hopefully that should resolve the issue.  If there are still issues, and as this relates specifically to one account, please have your wife email us if she has any further questions.

2. Simone Smith profile image90
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Hmm- I don't know about the signin display issue (I'll look into that), but the stats issue is definitely known and will hopefully be resolved soon.

Froggy213posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks

3. Simone Smith profile image90
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Hey again Froggy!

With regard to your wife's "last seen" time- that time gets updated every time someone's HubPages account requests something form our servers. So if she last signed on a while ago, but her account was still logged in when you went to access HubPages just now (perhaps you signed out as her and signed in as yourself), that's why you saw that she was active so recently.

Hope that helps to clear things up! smile

Froggy213posted 4 years ago in reply to this

That couldn't be--I don't even know my wife's password--so it wasn't done in that fashion.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Look under Activity. Being followed also updates the Last Seen. smile

2. profile image0
        Miriam Weissmannposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have you considered the fact that your wife's account could have been hacked. I'm no expert and I'm very new on HubPages, but that's what it sounds like to me. It sounds as though someone else could have logged into your wife's account. The first thing I would do if I were your wife is change my password. I'm probably not the right one to try advising you considering I'm so new, but you never know and I could be right.

4. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 4 years ago

I have seen this error many times when I have logged in. I always ignored it.  I thought it was a normal now. (normal=wrong last seen time) lol

Closed to reply

working