jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

Searching for Hubs copied elsewhere

1. catgypsy profile image81
    catgypsyposted 4 years ago

I have heard people mention how they found their hubs on other people's sites...and wondered how they found them.
    Thanks!

1. alexadry profile image93
      alexadryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I simply submit a piece of my articles to a free plagiarism checker tool or do a Google search using a piece of my text. In some cases, I just Google my user name. Other times I just stumble on them casually and think to myself as I read, "oh, this sounds so familiar!"

catgypsyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks alexadry. I will have to check some of mine.

1. Simone Smith profile image88
          Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Copyscape is a popular choice, on the free checker tool front. You might also just enter snippets of your more successful Hubs into Google to see if any results that aren't your Hub show up. smile

Thanks Simone!

2. David R Bradley profile image92
      David R Bradleyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have stumbled on a few of mine myself...  here's my favorite on so far: 

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/132647847/R … y-From-Gym

and they ripped off this Hub here:

http://davidrbradley.hubpages.com/hub/R … de-The-Gym

If you're getting jacked, I say good for you.  It means your content is good.  Then you just need to decide if it's worth spending your energy on policing this when you could put your energy into continuing to create great content.

Personally, I'm up for creation and not going to hammer on someone with no creativity and a thesaurus.

2. Pearldiver profile image89
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

And if like most of us, you do find your work has been stolen, copied or scraped... then DO file a Take Down Notice to the offender and/or their web host demanding removal and non publishing of your material... give them a day to do so so... and if not, file a DMCA notice to them and SE's... That will work 85% - 90% of the time....
    Check out the Learning Center info on the DMCA process... Bon Chance... hopefully you won't have to go through this drama too much... but believe me.... you will become quite good at it all after a while.... many thieves raid this site on a regular basis... so perhaps make the process part of your online (good) habits!  smile

Thanks for the additional info on what to do if you find something stolen.

3. Daniya Sheikh profile image70
    Daniya Sheikhposted 4 years ago

Best choice is Copyscape, but thats paid, it is a checker for plagiarism.  Try this http://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/
    It's a free plagiarism checker

Thanks Daniya!

4. expertscolumn profile image77
    expertscolumnposted 4 years ago
  5. profile image0
    OanaBoteanuposted 4 years ago

Wow that's shocking, I thought published content is already under the copyrights of the author/publisher. Thanks Pearldiver for the advice on how to approach this.
    Off I go checking my hubs.

6. Wendy S. Wilmoth profile image77
    Wendy S. Wilmothposted 4 years ago

The information posted by everyone here is very useful. I'm glad I happened to find this question. Thanks!

7. brakel2 profile image85
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

Several hubs about plagiarism contain good information. Do a hub search, and you will find them.

8. missolive profile image93
    missoliveposted 4 years ago

Copyscape (as Simone stated) is a great tool. My favorite way to find stolen content though is by simply searching random portions of text from my hubs. This has been the easiest method for me. Simply cut and paste a short paragraph into the Google search bar and click. You'll be amazed what you find. I have been finding full articles on Facebook lately. A private message usually does the trick in having those removed.

Good luck to you and all, MO

1. expertscolumn profile image77
      expertscolumnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

http://yourstressisgone.com/matcha-green-tea/ has some text from your hub.. they said "miss olive hub" as the source elsewhere in the article hehe

9. A Driveby Quipper profile image60
    A Driveby Quipperposted 4 years ago

You would have to be pretty hard up to steal a hub.

working