jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Image display question

1. alikhan3 profile image90
    alikhan3posted 3 years ago

I have noticed that once you upload images from your pc to your hubs they suffer a slight loss in quality and do not retain their crispness why is this so?
    I uploaded a map as an image to one of my hubs but due to loss of quality it has become hard to read.
    In one of my hubs because hub pages does not have support for mathematical formula I had to upload images of the text but due to a slight decline in image quality they are not comfortable for eye to read.

2. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 3 years ago

If you load an image that is too big or too small to any website you may have problems. The quality of the photos you want to use may be poor but that may only show up once it is added here. Check out the Learning Center as it may have info. on the optimum photo properties needed to get a good quality image to show on your pages.

I prefer to take a photo that might be too large to use and then re-size it (smaller) rather than too small and try to make it bigger. If you are using a camera phone then it may not take the same quality pictures as a digital camera. The newer top range phones do take good images but I have never had access to one so my photos are taken on a digital compact camera. My mobile phone is over 5 years old and was pre-owned when I was given it.

BTW If you decide to  use images that are not your own, they must be suitable for use here i.e. not copyrighted or water marked. More info in the Learning Center on this -

alikhan3posted 3 years ago in reply to this

its not an issue of poor quality on part of original image its just that they become slightly blur upon uploading.

3. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Thanks for weighing in, 2uesday!

Alikhan3, your images should not see a loss in quality when they're uploaded- we keep the files in their original states unless they're really, really, really big. What I imagine happened is that you may have uploaded an image that is slightly narrower than the full width of our Text Capsule, in which case it appears pixelated when in full width mode.

If this is the case, I recommend finding a larger image to use, and/or floating that image you uploaded to the right so it's only half width.

The Learning Center guide to proper image use to which 2uesday referred is here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

I definitely recommend checking it out! big_smile

alikhan3posted 3 years ago in reply to this

about 800 x 400 pixels image is ok, I think for uploading in full width.
      the reason why I am concerned is that the image uploaded is a map and its all crisp when viewed on my pc but looses its sharpness the moment it is uploaded.