jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Social Book Marking software

1. ilovehubbing profile image61
    ilovehubbingposted 7 years ago

Does anyone use any social bookmarking software?
    If so what is it?

2. 0
    multimasteryposted 7 years ago

I like Onlywire.com where you can bookmark to over a dozen top bookmarking sites in just One Click for Free!   All you have to do is place one link on any site or blog you want back to their website to qualify for the free version.

3. LiveToLosePounds profile image61
    LiveToLosePoundsposted 7 years ago

SocialMarker is a solid service and best of all it is free.

4. bogleg20 profile image60
    bogleg20posted 7 years ago

I use Bookmarking Demon and it works well for me.  Its definitely not free though and they just raised the price for their latest version.  Still, I've found it easier to use than some of the free web based ones I tried before.

5. ngureco profile image87
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

But do these social bookmarking softwares make things any better? - you still have to log into each an every social bookmarking site. The same goes for signing up to social bookmarking sites.

1. 0
      multimasteryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not with Onlywire. All I did was add my logins once to my account for each bookmarking site in their network -- and now when I want to bookmark something to one or all of them I literally just press a buttom.  Works for me!

6. alexd181 profile image60
    alexd181posted 7 years ago

I think the log-in is automated? I'm still quite new to this "mass bookmarking" software. I'm taking a closer look now. It sounds like something worth investigating.

7. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago

I've tried a couple of these and found them mainly more trouble than there worth. I found social marker wouldn't upload even if it said it had, and bookmarking demon would crash a lot (vista ultimate 64 bit)

Everyone has different stories on these pieces of software and you'll only learn yourself. I will say that they aren't really worth the money they charge for them.

If you use Firefox though, check out Shareaholic in the add ons. It's a a cool little add on to help you upload to a whole load of book marking sites, and of course as its open source, it's free! Or see www.shareaholic.com/ for more.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I like that addon. Thanks.

I hate social bookmarking lol

2. Misha profile image74
      Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, looks interesting and I definitely going to give it a try. BTW bookmarking demon works like a charm for me - but it is 32 bit XP Pro. You may want to fire up this old puter collecting dust in your closet just for that smile