jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Suggestion: more options for organizing hubs on profile page

1. Doc Sonic profile image92
    Doc Sonicposted 3 years ago

It would be great to have more options for displaying our hubs on the profile page. The chronological view means that hubs that are related (and may therefore appeal to the same reader) may be quite far apart, and older hubs are less likely to be seen in any case. Also, if we've written several hubs recently on a single topic-area, a visitor can get the impression that we only write about a limited number of topics, unless they scroll down far enough.

I know there is the ability to select a topic from the dropdown, which is helpful, but it isn't really refined enough, and only shows one topic at a time. My suggestion is the option to show a list of the groups we've created for our hubs -- maybe with one or two hub images displayed and a "More" link for each group (this would also encourage hubbers to create groups for their hubs!). Perhaps beneath this list of groups you could have a "Latest" section, containing the chronological listing that is now the default.

Just a thought. Thanks!

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I wonder if HP could use their code from the groups drag-and-drop?

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

I doubt very much whether HP will introduce anything like this, if you look at how they've changed our profiles in the past.

There used to be a search box on our profiles, so readers could search for a topic within our sub-domain.  That's been removed.  There is a drop-down so readers can order your Hubs by category - but it's so small, most people don't even notice it.

They've also added "others you might like".

All those changes suggest that HubPages wants to discourage readers from staying within one account, and wants to encourage them to browse more widely around the site.  So I doubt they would introduce any feature that would take things back in the other direction.

4. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 3 years ago

Yeah, while I like the bright look of the new profile, I miss having the hubs grouped where people could easily see all the different topics from a particular hubber. I also miss the search box. I especially miss the grouping, though. The groups can be found now, but, as Marisa mentioned, I would bet that most people don't notice that.

5. Simone Smith profile image90
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

I like the suggestion, Doc Sonic- especially the idea of making it easier to see a Hubber's Hub Groups, as I think the feature could be utilized better.

I'll definitely bring this up in our upcoming community meeting. Thanks for bringing this up! smile

1. That Grrl profile image79
      That Grrlposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'd love to be able to show Hubs by groups on my profile. I think this is a fabulous idea. I hope it gets voted up at the meeting.

6. KrisL profile image87
    KrisLposted 3 years ago

Thanks Simone - I second Doc Sonic. A person could have the option of grouping using her/his pre-existing groups. Each group could show the most recent 5-10 with an option to click to see more. This would be especially useful for those with 50+ hubs (not me! ;-) )

7. tlpoague profile image90
    tlpoagueposted 3 years ago

I have to agree with Victoria Lynn, I miss the search box and the grouping. I never noticed the new grouping for hubs before now. As much as I love the new profile look, I loved some of the past features that we use to have. Hopefully a compromise can be found.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

" I never noticed the new grouping for hubs before now."

I didn't see it either, someone had to point it out to me.  If Hubbers can't find it, what is the likelihood of readers noticing it?  It really needs to be made more prominent.

1. tlpoague profile image90
        tlpoagueposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree, I am glad it was pointed out. Thanks.

2. SmartAndFun profile image92
        SmartAndFunposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What grouping? We have the ability to group within our profile? I thought grouping was only used to determine the two hubs shown at the bottom of each of our hubs.

8. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 3 years ago

At least have the option to go back to the old style! New profile hurting stats.

Suggestion aside: have an overall stats. Have them for each hub a graph - wish I had an overall graphs of all hubs - see if there is any time trends that it outside my control.