jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Spammers anyone?

1. alexadry profile image91
    alexadryposted 3 years ago

Is anybody else getting a bunch of spamming comments advertising drugs with a link to a website? I am deleting like 9 of them a day for the past 3 days. I have reported them as spam.

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Nope. But there have been episodes like this before. I hope this isn't the start of another one. HP's spam filters are usually pretty good with dealing with this kind of stuff.

3. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 3 years ago

I get quite a few on one of my hubs on green apples. But, since you write about dogs a lot, I'm sure you'd have health care for dogs or something on those lines? I'm guessing that's where this kind of spam is gonna be max!

4. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 3 years ago

Sounds like the ones that are spamming one of my sites, I am getting about 50-100 comments per day all selling the same drugs.. my filter is catching them so that none get published and they go straight into spam but they still insist on spamming my site hour after hour and have been doing so for about two months now...

5. 61
    Andrewfrank26posted 3 years ago

Nice.. I like it...But in place of removing their comments you can remove link from their comments.

6. agvulpes profile image88
    agvulpesposted 3 years ago

Yep I've been deleting a lot for 'pay day loans'.  On my own sites I am able to edit the comment so I remove any links and keep the 'good bits' smile

1. alexadry profile image91
      alexadryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh my, Leanman, that's a whole lot and I'm sure it's draining. Luckily your filter does it for you! Lobobrandon, mine are advertising drugs for humans.

7. vocalcoach profile image95
    vocalcoachposted 3 years ago

Fortunately I'm not seeing any spam on my hubs.  There was a time that I found a great deal of spam on several hubs.  Drove me nuts.  What happens when we delete these comments or report them as spam?  Or should I be posting this as a question:)