QUESTION:Does updating or unpulbishing/republishing hub generate hits?

1. ptosis profile image79
    ptosisposted 3 years ago

When go to hubpages home not logged in, does the 'latest & greatest' link appears and that is why when I publish a new hub I get 30 hits from hubpages and then after that hardly nothing but mostly from google or bing.

So if I updated all my hubs with a better summary and edits - do that go somewhere with more exposure? it seems all my hubs have this huge initial spike that peeters out 'long tail' - ha! as if that's a good thing.......

BTW: I don't like the new profile, there are no categories  - all the hubs are in one big mish mash and it SUCKS. even I can't find what I want - & I wrote it!. I should've never gone over to the new style. No search box, no clean format ti display hubs. Maybe that's the real reason for the huge drop in traffic. Everybody with the new profile did it. Yet I cannot go back, there is no option to go back to the old style to prove it's the new style profile that's is killing traffic.

2. clananderson profile image59
    clanandersonposted 3 years ago

Editing and republishing will draw more traffic - yes.
    However, I don't think it will attracts a huge amount.
    I have been idle for some time and decided to check through my hubs for errors or to see if anything was wildly out of date, this meant they were republished and it resulted in a modest increase in views to them all.
    I would imagine that writing good new quality hubs with good titles will bear a bit more fruit though1

1. ptosis profile image79
      ptosisposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Very modest. For 2013 I''ve decided to work as a pigeon picking rice in front of the chruch: Amazon Turk I'm going to try.