jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Looking to Improve

1. chip1775 profile image87
    chip1775posted 3 years ago

Check my hubs out and let me know how I can improve. All comments are welcome.

1. agilitymach profile image99
      agilitymachposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I read your Fantasy Football hub.  As a former NFL.com Fantasy Football player and super bowl winner, I liked your hub.  I found it very informative and helpful.  However, there are things to improve upon.

The hub needed more visual interest.  While there were three pictures, they weren't credited with sources, and two of them (especially the last one) seemed to be laid out in a funny spot.  Football is a photo-rich sport with fantastic pictures available. I'd suggest going to Wikimedia Commons and searching for some great football pics to use.  Also learn how to properly credit the source and license for these pics.  This will help improve a reader's desire to stay on your hub rather than quickly click away.

Think about adding polls and quizzes.  This is a great topic for either.  Be creative!!  Polls and quizzes help readers stay on your page for a longer period of time.

IMO, what your hub lacked was an understanding of how to lay out a page with visual interest in mind.  Remember, the Internet is about media - photos, video, etc. - along with some text.  People will easily click away if a page doesn't grab their attention from the start.

Go and look at others' Hubpages, and see what you like and don't like about their layouts.  This will give you and idea of where you can head with your own. 

One more thing, I suspect the title will not be search friendly with so many other FF titles out there with a similar name.  I struggle with titles myself.

I did really like what you said, though.  I wish I had an article like that to help me when I was a FF newbie.

chip1775posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! Great Advice!

2. Pinkchic18 profile image84
    Pinkchic18posted 3 years ago

I checked out your "A Path To Compromise For Congress" hub and thought it was great. One thing I might change is to use headlines for each point or transition. Since people tend to skim as it is, highlighting your important points can make your article more effective with a greater takeaway.

Hope that helps smile

chip1775posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ok, thanks!