Idled Hubs

1. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

Well, I see the the Idle BS is continuing.  I think what I am going to do is go to you tube upload a video, then write  50 word hub in broken English.  Apparently this the kind of crap they want,

But, one by one idled hub now is getting unpublished, and used elsewhere,  If we would quit writing hubs, which is what I have done, just finished 78 articles on another site, and started deleting every hub they put in Idle, HP might stop the BS.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

About a third of my Hubs got idled. I tried the "change one sentence" trick, which got them out of idle for a few weeks, but then they reverted.  So I unpublished them.

I'm pretty sure those Hubs got idled due to lack of traffic.  Looking at my Adsense stats, they were barely earning anyway, so they're no great loss.   I started moving them to other sites - but then I thought, if these Hubs didn't get traffic in HubPages' glory days pre-Panda, they're not going to get traffic anywhere, so what's the point?

OK, so it took me a few hours to craft each one, and I think they're well written - but obviously they're not meeting a need anywhere.  None of them is on a topic where I can offer real expertise, and they're all on topics well covered by other good writers (hey, I wrote them by researching on the net in the first place!).  They're articles I wrote to Make Money Online, and I'm not that committed to them - so they've been consigned to the bin.  And actually I feel quite good about that.

2. ologsinquito profile image93
    ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago

Hi Linda,

I still like the HP platform, but I'm viewing it differently nowadays. I'm going to continue writing here about the topics I like to write about, and I'm going to use it for that purpose. The HP community is very supportive and very helpful, and the layout of the hubs makes them easy to read.

Income-producing writing will happen elsewhere I guess. Perhaps HP will correct the situation with the idled hubs. I do hope HP can return to its earlier model that seemed to make everybody happy, from what I've heard. It's important to keep people happy since HP is driven by the writers and wouldn't exist without them.