jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

How do I get my profile pic to appear beside articles in search?

1. Thomas Swan profile image94
    Thomas Swanposted 4 years ago

I have seen many articles in google search results which have the authors pic beside them. My Dad also told me recently about "claiming authorship" with google to get this to work.

Is this possible with hubpages? Has anyone done it?

1. Judi Bee profile image88
      Judi Beeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In theory, if you link your HP profile page with your Google+ profile, you should get your photo showing up in the search.  In practice, there's a problem.  Can't remember what the problem is, or whose problem it is - HP's or Google's, but there are at least a couple of threads knocking around on the subject.  I do remember that at one point the wrong Hubbers' photos were turning up on hubs.

Here's one of the latest threads about it:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/107793

Thomas Swanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info. I seem to have the problem then. The thread about it you linked is helpful. There is a link in there to a verification tool. It says I'm verified and gives an example search result with my pic, but google search doesn't show it. I guess I'm an unfortunate one. Maybe I should change my pic to a close-up, it would probably help because I expect they have a face recognition tool.

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

All you have to do is add your Google+ profile to your external links- you can do this on the edit profile page under My Account. big_smile

Thanks for the info. What do you mean by add it to my external links? The only thing I can do in Edit Profile is to tell it my google+ account.. I did this months ago though.

1. Danielle Farrow profile image83
        Danielle Farrowposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I too show up wwhen gettng a preview on Google's test page, but no otherwise - I believe not all rich snippet enabled pages actually show that way as there are also some judgements / choices made by Google algorithms.

One thing I've noticed is that most of the recipe hubs show a pic. It's not the profile pic though, it''s the first pic from the hub. Perhaps this is an action from hubpages that prevents profile pics appearing on other hubs.

3. Danielle Farrow profile image83
    Danielle Farrowposted 4 years ago

Great question - trying the 'my account' part, thanks!

working