jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Can I use an old blog post of mine to publish as a Hub?

1. Cardia profile image88
    Cardiaposted 4 years ago

I created a blog earlier this year, but I took it offline about a month or so ago. I had written a tutorial on how to make hair bows (with photos that I took and everything) and I still have it saved as a document on my computer.

Is it safe to publish it on Hubpages as a hub? would it come up with any complications? I deleted the tutorial from the blog, and I have the blog as unpublished now.

Thank you!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Try searching for your blog post on Google.  If you can't find it, then it's safe to publish it here.

1. Cardia profile image88
        Cardiaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just searched for it, and it seems to be gone! smile I'm still doing some rewriting to it first.
        Thank you, and happy new year!

2. tmbridgeland profile image84
      tmbridgelandposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have done this with many old blog posts. You need to basically rewrite the post, or eventually it will get flagged. I did not take down the old posts, so that is why I had to rewrite them. Well, plus, they needed to be improved anyway...

2. JulieStrier profile image86
    JulieStrierposted 4 years ago

While you could publish it to Hubpages, I would at least take the time to go through your original article and rewrite and polish it, making it a little different for Hubpages. Even if you deleted your article on your site, if it's lingering, cached somewhere on the internet then the big G could potentially ding you for duplicate content. (Note I do not know this for sure, I'm purely speculating, however it seems to make sense to me. If anyone knows differently please speak up.) Regardless, rewriting can never hurt. Hope this helps! smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Julie, if she searches on Google and can't find it, then it's gone.   You might still be able to find it on the Wayback machine or similar caches, but Google doesn't look at those.

2. Cardia profile image88
      Cardiaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi,
      yup, I'm cleaning it up a bit, and adding in some more writing. True about the duplicate content thing - I think I'm going to wait a few days before publishing it, just in case.
      Thank you - it was helpful! smile Happy new Year!

3. JulieStrier profile image86
    JulieStrierposted 4 years ago

Happy New Year to you as well! You too Marisa! smile

4. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

If you got the blog hooked up to webmaster tools, you can de-index it and then it won't be in google's search engine. HP has a tutorial about setting up google webmaster tools.

Edit: In case you want to give the de-indexing a try. In Google Webmaster Tools, on the homepage, you click the link to the site of the blog; on the left you'll see Optimization; click it, there's a drop down; one of the choices is Remove URLs, click it; next screen, click on the box, Create New Removal List; put the URL of the blog post in the box that comes up and hit continue; choose Remove Page From Search Results and Cache; hit submit. Last time I did it, it only took about a day for them to de-index the url.

5. tehjib profile image80
    tehjibposted 4 years ago

If your blog is no longer in internet, You can publish again those posts in hubpages. But it will be wise if you could polish it with theme of hubpages.

6. pradiiphira profile image60
    pradiiphiraposted 4 years ago

i have same question, my blog is closed 2 years ago,

thanks to all, for guidance.

working