jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Idle Hub Selection - What Gives?

1. SoundNFury profile image85
    SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.  All of the hubs that have been idled thus far have been some of my most active ones, while the truly "idle" hubs are left untouched.  What's the deal?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

There are two reasons a Hub can be idled.  One is if it fails the Quality Assessment Process - which means a human being (on the panel over at Mechanical Turk) has rated it down for some reason.   There is a lot of debate amongst Hubbers about the accuracy of their rating (considering they're paid a pittance to rate).

Existing Hubs will be submitted to the QAP every time you edit them.  They may also be picked for random sampling. 

Hubs can also be idled for lack of traffic.

Sounds like traffic isn't the issue for your Hubs, so that suggests it's the QAP that's the culprit.  If that's the case, you will need to do some major revisions on the Hub to get it out of idle.

3. SoundNFury profile image85

In each instance, I've only done a minor edit here or there and they have come out of idle status.  It just all seems very random.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Several of us have tried that route.  Doing a minor edit works, but only temporarily - you'll have to keep an eye on those Hubs because they'll drop out again in a few weeks.

4. SoundNFury profile image85

Thanks for the tip - I'm so obsessive about checking my hub stats, I'm sure it won't be a problem for me to keep an eye on them smile

working