jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Clearing Confusion on Income From Asking Questions

1. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 3 years ago

I have come across many questions on the above issue. The answer is in a blog,
    http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/03/questi … ubdomains/

It basically says that questions in a hubber's subdomain creates Adsense income from clicks on ads on the question page. The answers do not generate income. I am just trying to clear something up as a helpful gesture.

1. janshares profile image87
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the clarification, brakel2. I've seen some questions about this but never understood it either. I thought people were mistaken about being able to generate any income from questions. I was also confused as to why I would sometimes see ads. So if guests outside of hp click the ads it generates income for the asker? I can't imagine that hubbers are clicking on those ads; we're too busy paying attention to the question and providing answers.

2. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 3 years ago via iphone

Thanks for responding, and you are welcome.. It would have to be clicks from outside HubPages, as we can't click on ads. I see from Google Analytics outsiders reading the questions. I just set it up to tell what income  comes from Adsense on my question page. It may not be very much, but I am curious. I didn't understand in the beginning either.

3. botipton profile image60
    botiptonposted 3 years ago

Thank you I did not know this.  But then there is a lot I still do not know so I guess it is okay.  I think being able to move it to your subdomain and get adsense revenue is a good think.

1. brakel2 profile image87
      brakel2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome botipton. I am glad to  clear up any issues to help others. i agree that it is a good idea to have the questions and answers. Maybe it makes us  smarter!