jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What's a good number of backlinks for hubs to receive more traffic?

1. Knowledge>Power profile image78
    Knowledge>Powerposted 3 years ago via iphone

How many links do you typically need for a hub to get good traffic? What's your experience been? How do you go about? Where do you post links?

1. agilitymach profile image97
      agilitymachposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm no pro at this, but I'm finding I get my traffic from Facebook and now a bit from Pinterest along with other dog related forums.  I get some traffic from Google - but not a ton.  I don't have a lot of backlinks yet either, though.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I've got hubs with over 100 top tier backlinks that google still ignores...

3. Stickypony profile image74
    Stickyponyposted 3 years ago

It's all about quality Of the backlinks, not how many you have

4. Knowledge>Power profile image78
    Knowledge>Powerposted 3 years ago

I've found commenting on blogs to be good places to start. Facebook and Pinterest are good for a bump every now and then. My best hub has 50-100 views from google per day. Still not sure how to replicate it with other hubs though. Anyone found success with bookmark sites?

1. CyclingFitness profile image90
      CyclingFitnessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've found some success with reddit. For cycling related stuff it seems to generate a good 100-200 extra page views minimum and a PR 8 link and that's for stuff that doesn't go high up on their subject pages. The influx oif traffic seems to be very short term however.

I've used some of the other social bookmarking sites to very limited success that I can see in terms of visitor numbers.

My best links at present for bringing traffic come through commenting via the stackexchange site network which allows you to put a link in place. It's a Nofollow link but if you answer a question that's very popular the clickthrough can be very good.

5. KDeus profile image96
    KDeusposted 3 years ago

Commenting on blogs and participating in forums is an excellent way to get backlinks, providing that you're actively participating and not using them just for the backlinks. Many blogs won't require you to be a subscribed member to the blog to comment, but will prompt you for a name, email address, and/or website address. When you provide your web address as your hubpages site, it will count as a backlink as part of the comment.

You do have to be very careful about mass-submitting your link to so-called backlink providers. The quality and trustworthyness of the site that is sending you the backlink is very important. If your link comes from a linkfarm, it will hurt you more than help.