jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What's a "non productive" hub? When does it need tweaking?

1. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

I decided to clean up my subdomain, either deleting non-productive hubs, moving them elsewhere or tweaking them into producing.  Everything under 3-4 visits in a 30 day period was up for change.

Problem - everything I've got that is under double digits in 30 day traffic is either very seasonal (camping hubs, maybe and who camps in the dead of winter except the Aussies?) or pretty new (I've found that most of my stuff won't produce much for a year after the initial surge).

What do you consider to be a hub that needs work?  When do you decide that traffic is just too low and it needs some real help?  Or do you simply tweak a hub periodically regardless of how much traffic it's getting or what the subject is (how much can you add to an already complete "how to" hub)?

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Almost daily I poke at least one of my hubs with a stick to make it better. Never really seems to help though...

wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Now, that's not much encouragement! smile
      Thanks, paradigm.  That's what I'm looking for - thoughts from others to put into the grinder to formulate a plan for me.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm actually happy with my traffic these days, however...

A. I know the cause and it's an anomaly that won't last.
        B. The CPM just isn't making it...

3. Silva Hayes profile image93
    Silva Hayesposted 4 years ago

Under "My Account" I look in the "featured" column to make sure the black "H" is there.  If it's not, I guess it means the hub is considered inactive and I go in and tweak it somehow.  I also look at the "score" and I attempt to tweak the ones with the lowest scores. 

I read somewhere that it helps to add a new picture if you feel your content is complete.  On hubs where I vented or complained about a situation that I feel needs fixing, such as our criminal justice system, I might edit it at the end and type "update" and give a current example of yet another  miscarriage of justice. 

If I run across someone else's hub that is on the same subject as one of mine and theirs contains good, relevant content, I might go back to mine and add a link to theirs.  I have written several instructional mosaic-related hubs, and when I learn something new, I go back to them and add it.

wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like your "updates" on such things as the justice system.  I'll have to look into that - thanks.

working